Discussion Closed - Ignore

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
About six months ago i struggled to stay around 65kg ;)

Hit about ~67kg just eating better and working full time over about four months.

Started hitting the gym pretty keenly about two months ago, and i've been over 70 for the last four or five trips to the gym...

Aim is 75 for starters. Then we'll see...

ric1287

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2005
how about $5 entry fee? I would assume 10-15 people might do this, so that could be a decent prize/gift card.

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
marked for future comptemplation. big problem is that i already started. 250 -> 237

crt1530

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2001
I'm not sure what category I'd fit into (recomp maybe?). I have a powerlifting meet in about five weeks. After that, I might go ahead and up the GPP and drop 5% bodyfat. We'll see. I've gained 25+ pounds in the last year and am just about the fattest I've ever been (13% or so). A week or two ago I crossed the BMI obese threshold for the first time (5'8"/198).

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
When applications open up and rules are announced (in 3 days) entrants will choose one of three categories. If I don't get enough entrants for each category then they will combined into one.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
I'm interested - loser category. I had gotten into good shape a few years ago but I've gained the weight back since then - time to get rid of it again.

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Originally posted by: Megatomic
Yep, they're both me. And subway just love to claim any part of my success, but I ate a total of 6" worth of their products in the last year and a half.

The biggest contributor (aside from an iron will) is Men's Health ABS Diet. It works guys, the proof is in the pics.

Can you give us a brief run down of what you ate during your fat phase and your new healthier eating?

What foods do you miss/crave the most?

Do you drink coffee, soft drinks, tea, water?
During my fat phase I ate copious amounts of everything and drank gallons of soda every week. I was totally out of control - I'd get two chick-fil-a sandwiches, the largest fries they offered, and a huge sweet tea then go and get ice cream at coldstone creamery. Just an example.

My new eating habits won't appeal to most people. I eat 6 times a day for a total of about 3000 calories. My carb/protein/fat ratio is 60/20/20. And I don't eat any beef or any food that is fried or breaded. On average I have 10 servings of fruits/veggies and 4 servings of dairy (mostly yogurt) per day. Any bread/grain serving I eat is whole and/or multi grain and my intake of potatoes is almost nil. I occassionally have a baked potato but it is plain and a luxury. And I drink about a gallon of fluid a day, 3/4 of which is plain water. For my protein intake I have chicken, turkey, and fish mostly and I supplement it with nuts, eggs, and some pork.

I do drink coffee, maybe 2 cups per day with fat free sugar free coffee mate creamer. Hazelnut is my favorite flavor.

The food I miss most is dessert most notably chocolate cake. But my memory of how good it used to be to me is fading slowly and hopefully one day I'll stop missing it so much. My new favorite dessert is a yogurt smoothie that I make at home. Here it is:

fat free, sugar free vanilla yogurt
ice
skim milk
chocolate why protein powder
unsweetened cocoa powder
berries
almonds
oatmeal

That's some GOOD shit right there and very good for me. I like to have one after a hard workout or a long run (10K is a long run for me right now).

What else can I tell you? I'm an open book, I'd love to share any detail that can help someone out.

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
Ooh I'm totally down! I'll be entering in the Gainer category. Been plateaued at just over 150lbs for the last couple weeks and I'd like to hit 170 or 180 before I cut. This could be the perfect motivational tool. Looking forward to starting.

I'd also be willing to help judge the other two categories that I won't be participating in.

MBrown

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
I am definitely in. I was 360 in HS and went on the aktins diet and lost 100 pounds. I graduated at 260 and went off of my diet. Fastfoward 3 years to 2007 and I am back at 360 but I am a little bit taller. I just started back on my diet Monday so I will definitely be doing this.

slsmnaz

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2005
Well I'm definitely in for the losing weight part. I was almost too skinny in HS since I was a CC runner (6-2 150) and went the opposite way in college. After my 2nd knee surgery I really became lazy and went up to 275! I'm back to around 230 but want to really see it below 200 (hope to get to 180 eventually). Pics will be tough but guess I just need to man up huh?

fLum0x

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2004
it's those damn office snacks that people bring in.

My problem is, i hate working out. I could change my eating habits, but i just don't want to work out :(

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
I'm in. I just started cutting though. Guess its off the diet for a bit to gain some weight. I'll go for losers catagory. I gotta lose like 15lbs in that 5 month span. Should be cake. :)

Projected weight for me is 190-200lbs.

:) (i'll post pics once the contest starts, i'm fat right now)

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: mztykal
I'm in. I just started cutting though. Guess its off the diet for a bit to gain some weight. I'll go for losers catagory. I gotta lose like 15lbs in that 5 month span. Should be cake. :)

Projected weight for me is 190-200lbs.

:) (i'll post pics once the contest starts, i'm fat right now)

Keep in mind that while tracking weight will be included, the actual winner will be chosen by the overall best change of body/lifestyle, not just pounds lost.

lizardboy

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2000
I know this won't count for the "contest" - but just weighed in, and I'm down 30 pounds in 30 days. It is, of course, only possible to lose this much in this short of a time period because I'm starting from such a big number...but this is the best I've done since I started putting on this weight ~10 years ago.

This is the routine I've been sticking to almost every day:

Wakeup
Piece of Rye Bread
Protein Shake (IsoPure Zero Carb)

30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes free weights

Breakfast:
1 cup Crispix w/ skim milk
8 egg whites
6 oz OJ

Mid-morning:
Protein Shake

Lunch