Discover card double/triple cashback 11-15 thru 12-31

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadScientist

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
Of course you need a Discover card, log in to your account, and sign up for it. Link to the store through ShopDiscover.

http://www.discovercard.com/customer-service/rewards/browse-all-partners-cb.html

Not all ShopDiscover retailers have double/triple cashback. These offers are not valid in combination with any other offers. Which means if you use a coupon you will not get the cashback. You also get the normal 1% cashback in addition to the ShopDiscover cashback.

B&M (must sign up to be eligible)
Earn 5% Cashback Bonus on up to $300 in purchases from October through December at:
Restaurants
Department Stores
Clothing Stores
Restaurant purchases are those made at merchants classified as full-service restaurants, cafes, cafeterias and fast food locations. Department stores are defined as retailers selling a wide variety of merchandise, with separate checkout counters in each department. Clothing stores are defined as stand-alone men’s, women’s and children’s clothing retailers. Purchases made at warehouse clubs or discount stores are not eligible.

Last edited:

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
Normally I love their cash back bonus quarters, especially when they do it for gasoline purchases......

....but this quarter is really a waste for me. I don't eat out much, I don't shop at "clothing stores" (unless Walmart counts? :hmm: ), and I do most of my Christmas shopping online, so I don't bother going to department stores (especially around Christmas time!! :eek: ).

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Interesting. Yours appears to be good for B&M.
The email I received is good for double rewards, up to 1000 on online purchases only.
https://www.discovercard.com/landing-pages/double-rewards-landing.html?vcmpgn=discover_holidaydouble

edit:
OK I see the regular 5% off 300 for the restaurants, clothing, Dept stores. I am already signed up for that.

Now OP, from your link, does your sign up double the cashback that's listed on the link, i.e. 10% becomes 20%?

My link and sign up produced this:

Earn 2% Cashback Bonus on Internet purchases from 11/15/10 (or the date on which you signed up, whichever is later) through 12/31/10, subject to a cap of $1,000 in purchases. These purchases must post to your account by 12/31/10. If a purchase is not classified as an Internet purchase, it will not qualify. Purchases earning 2% Cashback Bonus will not count toward your total annual purchases to determine your tier level. Allow up to 5 weeks for this reward to be added to your Cashback Bonus account. Only Discover More, Open Road and Motiva Cardmembers are eligible to participate in this program. See Cashback Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for further details.

Last edited:

babybokchoy

Jan 18, 2010
Noticed a bunch of cash back sites are actually offering double cash back. I think Pennyful recently upped their rates. Discover is definitely one of the best. Best to just compare them all at cashreporter.com

MadScientist

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
Now OP, from your link, does your sign up double the cashback that's listed on the link, i.e. 10% becomes 20%?

No, wysiwyg, some retailers, the ones with Holiday Bonus, have increased the cashback, i.e.,for Dell and Sears it's normally 5%, now 10%, Walmart is still 5%. Some retailers have tripled the cashback.

When you log into your Discovercard account, a banner should come up offering you to sign up for the Holiday Bonus cashback.

In your account under ShopDiscover retailers it will list those that have increased their cashback, Holiday Bonus in the retailers box.

Yes, there is a cap of $1000. in purchases.

Holiday Bonus cashback retailers (online only). You must link through ShopDiscover in your account.
1800Baskets 25%
1800Flowers 25%
Advance Auto Parts 10%
Avon 10%
Bass Pro Shops 10%
Beauty 15%
Blair 15%
Bliss 15%
Bloomingdales 10%
Blue Nile 10%
Bobbi Brown 10%
Brookstone 15%
Chefs 10%
Clinique 10%
Crate & Barrel 10%
Dell Consumer 10%
Drugstore 15%
DSW 10%
eBags 15%
Estee Lauder 10%
Fannie May 15%
Finish Line 15%
FTD 25%
Godiva 10%
Gourmet Gift Baskets 15%
Groupon 20%
Hanes 10%
Harry and David 10%
Home Depot 10%
HSN 10%
ICE 20%
Kiehls 10%
Kodak Store10%
Kohl's 10%
Lancome 10%
Lands' End 10%
Lids 15%
Macy's 10%
Magazines 25%
Microsoft Store 10%
New York and Company 15%
Nike 15%
Onlineshoes 20%
Restaurant 25%
Sears 10%
Sephora 10%
The Limited 10%
ULTA 15%
Under Armour 15%
VisionDirect 20%

Last edited:

Winterpool

Mar 1, 2008
Mmm, so did the 5 per cent on fashion / restaurants apply only to B&M sales? I rarely read the fine print but had presumed it would apply to online clothing retailers eg Banana Republic. Mmm. Thankfully I dined out a lot this autumn.

Though if it did apply to online retailers, it might conflict with the 2 per cent online vendor rewards at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.