disable mouse/keyboard remotely for vnc

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
What is the easiest way to disable the keyboard and mouse when remoting a pc? I was sure vnc had that option but can't seem to find it. When I remote in to pcs at the school board we service, kids often screw around with the mouse, even teachers sometimes. Just anoying trying to fix a problem.

If not through vnc, what about through manage. Would disabling it through device manager through manage remote pc work or would that kill the vnc mouse too?

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
If you are using UltraVNC, go to the Admin Properties page on the host/server computer, then check the box labeled "Disable Local inputs" under Keyboard & Mouse.

Or, when connected to a computer where both are using UltraVNC, you can use the button at the top of the connection window that looks like a computer monitor (mouse over it and you get a message "Toggle Remote Input and Remote Blank Monitor (On/Off) to temporarily disable the mouse, keyboard, and monitor of the remote computer.

If you are using RealVNC, go to the VNC Server Properties page on the host/server computer, click on the Inputs tab, then check the box "Disable local inputs while server is in use".

I'm not sure where the setting is in TightVNC since I don't have any computers running it right now.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
hmm I don't have buttons on top of my vnc client though I did see some clients that have it, I'll have to find that version. Doing it server side wont work as they'll just go and uncheck it.