Dirty Bomb!

UglyDuckling

May 6, 2015
Well damn the first F2P game i can 100% say i really enjoy! team based gameplay, a really well made and put together game with like no glitches at all, even still in Beta.

A competitive mode for us freaks who like to get all scientific in approach to smashing our enemies.

What's not to like?

Only thing i don't like is the performance... seems to be VERY CPU limited, i mean my HD 7770 at 1080p with max settings is still hovering around 80% usage mostly.

Patre

May 29, 2013
This looks interesting......A TF2 buddy of mine also asked me to check it out.......
Yay, the weekend is here!!! Game on!!

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I would say it is the spiritual successor to rtcw>wolfET>Dirtybomb

Even some of the mechanics are the same so if you liked that type of gameplay then you will enjoy this very much. I recommend watching the "wtf is" video from cynicalbrit. He kind of breaks down the monitization process. I think angry joe was kind of unfair in his review of the game.

JeffNY35

Dec 16, 2009
I just started playing this and having a blast.

As an old die hard fan of Enemy Territory..this is old school fun!

If you haven't played RTCW ET, you still might like it.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
This is pretty much the only game I play these days.

KT

JeffNY35

Dec 16, 2009
Gonna download it and try it out.

Cool, let us know what you think. Got to get some action here with this game.

Man, I used to be really good at wolf ET. Did some clan tournaments and the like. But, now I am about average at best. Getting old...even the game skills deteriorate! :)

I just spend some hard earned cash on unlocking proxy. I was so sick of stepping on motherF**ers mines decided to lay my own. But, low and behold I am sucking with her so far. LOL.

JeffNY35

Dec 16, 2009
Thanks for the heads up, I was a huge ET fan so I'll have to give this a try!

It's like the same game. I miss the rocket launcher gibs, but the same decapacitation, reviving mechanic. But it's spruced up with merc characters. There is a grinding aspect with acquiring mercs and loadouts but it doesn't seem pay to win.

One downside, there seems to be a fair amount of hacking going on. Had a speed hacker last night.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Pretty decent game, seems like a crazy long grind to unlock new guys. Got into a 5 and under server and racked up 42 sniper kills though lol.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Once u are out of the low level game expect to find the skill level very high.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
It's like the same game. I miss the rocket launcher gibs, but the same decapacitation, reviving mechanic. But it's spruced up with merc characters. There is a grinding aspect with acquiring mercs and loadouts but it doesn't seem pay to win.

One downside, there seems to be a fair amount of hacking going on. Had a speed hacker last night.

There is a bit of a grind, but it feels ok to me since it's not like I just have to go fetch wolf pelts, or grind boars or whatever. This is just playing the game exactly the same way as always.

Make sure you do all of the missions you can and also hit each game type whenever you have new missions since you get bonuses from that. You also get free case drops and whatnot.

I'm almost level 27 and I'm not all that good, but I really enjoy the game. I have at least gold cards on every character, which oddly felt like an accomplishment. :D Anyway, fun game; hope more people keep joining.

KT

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
The basic jist is you can get bronze cards and they are equal in power to the higher tiered cards. I think it's $8000 to buy the bronze card you want. Do that over buying cases for1k. Infact stack your money until there is a sale or whatever. Also buy the starter pack on steam. The game is awesome and you get a healthy number of mercy and some cash for not much money.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
The basic jist is you can get bronze cards and they are equal in power to the higher tiered cards. I think it's $8000 to buy the bronze card you want. Do that over buying cases for1k. Infact stack your money until there is a sale or whatever. Also buy the starter pack on steam. The game is awesome and you get a healthy number of mercy and some cash for not much money.

I don't see where you just buy single cards.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I don't see where you just buy single cards.

In the store. Go to loadouts and you can buy bronze cards with your credits. You can also buy basic cases with your credits, which will give you a random card, but those give you a >90% chance of just getting a lead. Can craft those into better cards once you have enough of them though.

KT

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I REALLY recommend figuring out what merc you like and then what perks/ weapon you like for that merc and buying that bronze card. This way you have the best perks and weapon and you are ready to build money. Once you have good bronzes for all your mercs then start buying cases and building up leads to crush down to higher up cards. It takes a lot of cards to smash down to get a gold or colbolt.

Last saint patricks day they had a special on regular cases producing gold cards at a higher rate (like 5%) I bought and opened a ton and have a lot of higher up cards from that. Ended up getting like 10 golds > 2 colbolts.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
The gun play in this game is so amazing. Every gun feels different and requires learning about its range and spread. Focus on 1 weapon first and work different mercs with that weapon. Then branch out into others.