Dirt Rally

xaeniac

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2005
I have really been enjoying this game. It's a lot of fun and oh so challenging. If you got the game what do you think of it? If you don't consider picking it up if you enjoy racing games. This one is more on the sim side of the house.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
I love it. Best Dirt game IMO...and yes - VERY difficult, and makes you pay for every mistake. It's very rewarding to pull off a good section - and even more rewarding to actually make it through the course with a good time.

Papa Hogan

Feb 1, 2011
I think it's incredibly fun, but how can you get 1st in a rally?. It's possibly the most fun I've had driving, partly due to the Fanatec wheel/cockpit setup I put together. It just wouldn't be the same with a controller. I wish there were more people that played PvP rallycross at the same time as me, though. It'd be fun to get into a match every time I want to. Alas, it's rare to find a match for me. We need to sell this game more, get more peeps playing!

ronbo613

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2010
I've got Dirt Rally and Project Cars; I hardly play Project Cars because Dirt Rally is so fun. I'm middle of the pack as far as times go, but I have a lot of fun playing.

Playing with an Xbox controller isn't the best but wheels are pretty expensive.

Papa Hogan

Feb 1, 2011
I've got Dirt Rally and Project Cars; I hardly play Project Cars because Dirt Rally is so fun. I'm middle of the pack as far as times go, but I have a lot of fun playing.

Playing with an Xbox controller isn't the best but wheels are pretty expensive.
I got a pretty good deal on the wheel/cockpit combo, so it wasn't too expensive. Maybe around $500 all in. But now Fanatec only sells high-end kits and prices are pretty astronomical. They don't even offer the Porsche gt3 rs anymore, which was their low to mid-range wheel.

I have Assetto Corsa, but I hardly play it. It's tough to find time to play anything besides Dirt Rally!

Last edited: