DiRT 2 will not have Full DX11 Support

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004
But DX11 might just be "T3H B3ST". I don't really know why you think this is an anti-ATI DX11 thread. Maybe Wreckage meant it to be that, I don't know, don't care. What you can take away from it is this: Dirt2 is a DX9 console port with DX11 features added onto it. Hey, this is something I didn't know until today, so I learned something from the thread if nothing else. And dude, even if Wreckage meant it to be a DX11 or lack thereof stab at ATI, I think it doesn't make sense as Nvidia's DX11 parts are just around the corner.

At any rate, tremendous amount of angst over something so little. Wouldn't be anything if you guys didn't give it soooooo much energy.
I don't see a single exclamation point in my post, where's the energy? And don't play dumb - you did not really think Dirt 2, a console port, was being built from the ground up as a DX11 title on the PC.

Anyway, please try to downplay it as much as possible, my "coy" comment fits in so perfectly :).

Forumpanda

Apr 8, 2009
Dodge. Okaaayyyy... Yes, why? Would you call a game that doesn't do this, a full DX11 game?
And you still dodged the question, throwing the ball back with a vague and ambiguous question, is not the same as an answer to a very specific question.

You are extremely active in and already have a very clear opinion about this topic, which about whether or not a game can be classified as a 'full' DX11 game.
Yet you seem, unwilling (or likely incapable) of specifying what would make a game a 'full' dx11 game, the center piece of the topic that we are debating.

So far noone has actually provided any information that we have not debated in the past, noone has provided any definition of 'full dx11 game' that would make dirt2 any more or less of a dx11 game than any other game out there (planned or not).

This topic is the definition of FUD, you are just spreading uncertainty about a game with no new information except word play, I expect better from AT forum moderators.

Good day to you, we are done talking to each other, don't waste your time replying to my posts in the future.

Last edited:

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Why do you all feed this troll ? He trolled 4 pages out of you. Put him on ignore and let these garbage threads die before they start.

Friendo

Banned
Nov 24, 2009
This is how it has been whenever a new DX API comes out. Devs just use a few DX features from the new API while still sticking primarily to the previous DX API.

This happened with DX9 games that utilized a few DX10 features here and there. And it was quite a while before we had our first full blown DX10 title. Expect the same thing with DX10/11 titles.

From what I've seen from Stalker CoP, Alien vs Predator and Crysis 2 screenshots, none of what you said is true.

Forumpanda

Apr 8, 2009
Why do you all feed this troll ? He trolled 4 pages out of you. Put him on ignore and let these garbage threads die before they start.
Sadly the way popular forums work is, someone will read and be mislead by such threads, certain people knows this and uses it very deliberately.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Sadly the way popular forums work is, someone will read and be mislead by such threads, certain people knows this and uses it very deliberately.

Wow. All I know is, you guys are beyond any help. :)

I did think Dirt2 was a ground up DX11 title,,,, until today. I had no intention of buying or playing this game as it is not my type of game. So I didn't follow it closely at all.

And you state over and over that I'm dodging the very same question that I answered already, and you then asked NEW questions. And they will never stop. So I will. ;)

Whew!! You guys sure are busy today.

And Mk6, you don't need "exclamation points" to give something energy. If you all have so many issues and problems with Wreckages posts, why is he not on your ignore lists? Is it that you need to patrol him and keep tabs? Hey, if that's what you need to do.

Last edited:

Friendo

Banned
Nov 24, 2009
Wow. All I know is, you guys are beyond any help. :)

I did think Dirt2 was a ground up DX11 title,,,, until today. I had no intention of buying or playing this game as it is not my type of game. So I didn't follow it closely at all.

And you state over and over that I'm dodging the very same question that I answered already, and you then asked NEW questions. And they will never stop. So I will. ;)

Whew!! You guys sure are busy today.

And Mk6, you don't need "exclamation points" to give something energy. If you all have so many issues and problems with Wreckages posts, why is he not on your ignore lists? Is it that you need to patrol him and keep tabs? Hey, if that's what you need to do.

We never needed any help in the first place, and we definitely don't need it from Gaysplayr cough* cough* Keysplayr.

Status
Not open for further replies.