Directv genie hr34 How to reset a changed wifi password

rams6605

Jul 9, 2014
I need to change my home network password for security. How do I change the wifi network password on my HR34 genie? The manual only provides installing & initial setup. Appreciate it if someone has the steps to do that.

Last edited:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
you'd need to log into the router via your web browser using its ip address.

open a command prompt in windows and type ipconfig and press enter. Look at the numbers that come up and next to default gateway is the ip address of your router. Type that address into your web browser and you'll have to log in to the router. Each router has a different name and password default.

Sometimes it's as follows but it may be different I don't know.
username: admin
password: password

Once in there it should be easy to locate the wifi configuration settings and edit the password.

rams6605

Jul 9, 2014
Thanks I know how to change the router password. My Directv genie has the current router password set up to access the the WIFI router. If I change my WIFI router password, how can I update the new WIFI router password settings for my Directv Genie? Otherwise, the genie won't be able to access the router for the internet once I change the WIFI router password.

fralexandr

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
based on google image search, the direct tv genie should have a menu > settings > network settings
from there you can get advanced setup or reset to default.

not sure if that will work for you, the images might be the hr44.

Nov 20, 2009
You might find better information over at dbstalk.com since they focus strong on Direct By Satellite service, hardware, etc.