DirectTv users

Tobolo

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
So we are thinking about getting DirectTv and we are going for the 49.99 plan. The thing is that we want 2 DVR's. The first one is 1 but the second one shoulr be 99.99.

If I get the first one, can I buy a DVR and hookit up on the system?

I will be paying for the DVR service already so that shouldnt be a problem should it?

I have no clue about satellite service so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tob

Zolty

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124
I don't know much about DirecTV, but I know cable is better :p

QFT, but I do hear DirectTv's football coverage is awesome.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Zolty

I thnk it really depends on where you live before you can claim that. You do realize that say NYC, does not have the same cable as Nowheresville, OK right?

herbiehancock

May 11, 2006
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Originally posted by: Zolty

I thnk it really depends on where you live before you can claim that. You do realize that say NYC, does not have the same cable as Nowheresville, OK right?

And I guess that he also must think that cable reaches everyone in the U.S. Here's a clue.......it doesn't. Often, DirecTv or Dish are the only options if you want anything but OTA antenna reception.

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
...but the answer is no, not directly.

You'd need to run the RF / S-Vid / composite connection out of the box. You'd be able to record something on the second channel into the box, while recording something to the HTPC that you are watching.

FWIW

Scott

BillyBatson

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
i don't think you can do that. I went to a DirecTV seminar thing about 6 months ago (for my old job) and from what i remember you have to pay a fee for each DVR you have so even if you pay for 1 dvr and the service, if you purchase another dvr on your own to hook it up you will have to pay like another $8 a month or something on your service for it to work. i could be wrong but that s what i remember

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
On my Dish Network system we have, for $24.99/mo two TVs with DVRs. I can set it up either for one TV that has PiP capability, or have them as separate entities each with access to a DVR.