Dipstick Donald slashed taxes then created a Space Force.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Which, like many things Republicans sponsor, we dont fucking need anyway.

And despite him leaving, it looks like we're still getting another trillion dollar branch of the DoD. Maybe Biden can put a stop to it, and use that money for something useful, like educating our dumbass American children so they dont fail in the 21st century job market.

Reactions: Pohemi

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Trump didn't start Space Command. It's been here in Colorado for a long time. I think it's affiliated with NORAD, which used to be in Cheyenne Mountain. Trump just spun off the Space Force from being a division of the Air Force.

The rumor here in Colorado is that Trump is moving the Space Force from here to get a not guilty vote from a senator in Alabama. Hopefully Biden will move it back. Maybe he can even extract some concessions from the local congressman (Lamborn).

Feb 4, 2009
As I’ve said, I really don’t think a Space Force or special space branch is a bad thing right now. I don’t like how there appears to be zero planning involved with it.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
As I’ve said, I really don’t think a Space Force or special space branch is a bad thing right now. I don’t like how there appears to be zero planning involved with it.
It's not what the country needs to spend money on. Also you already have the air force.

I mean honestly do we need an underground force to deal with subterranean threats? Or maybe a microscopic force to deal with sub atomic threats? It gets ridiculous.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
It's not what the country needs to spend money on. Also you already have the air force.
This. We already had Space Command. If, at some point in the future, Space Command becomes so large in it's duties and personnel that it makes sense, spin it off into Space Force. The concept makes sense, especially when viewed with the current command structure of having Space Force under the Dept of the Air Force, but it's not necessary at this point in time.

Last edited:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
The rumor here in Colorado is that Trump is moving the Space Force from here to get a not guilty vote from a senator in Alabama. Hopefully Biden will move it back. Maybe he can even extract some concessions from the local congressman (Lamborn).

The only Senator that would make sense for that would be Shelby, because we all know that Trump doesn't have to do much to get Tuberville to jump. The thing is.. Shelby is rumored to retire after this current term, so I don't know if he'd be that zealous as to look for re-election ammunition. Now, if Shelby is simply doing it to enrich the state, then that's another thing.

However, keep in mind that Huntsville is in Mo Brooks's territory, and we've seen the zealotry on display from Brooks. Although, Brooks is in the House, so unless it's a "present" for his actions over the past week or two, that wouldn't really work.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
This. We already had Space Command. If, at some point in the future, Space Command becomes so large in it's duties and personnel that it makes sense, spin it off into Space Force. The concept makes sense, especially when viewed with the current command structure of having Space Force under the Dept of the Air Force, but it's not necessary at this point in time.
I agree. We don't need a Space Force until we have Space Fighters weapon platforms piloted by Space Pilots. And since that's still forbidden by treaty, I don't think that's happening soon.

However, keep in mind that Huntsville is in Mo Brooks's territory, and we've seen the zealotry on display from Brooks. Although, Brooks is in the House, so unless it's a "present" for his actions over the past week or two, that wouldn't really work.
No that doesn't make sense. Lamborn is the senior Trump sycophant from Colorado. (Boebert being the junior one.)

Reactions: dank69

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
I watched a Youtube yesterday about why dumb people think they are smart, and its because they lack the skill to self-assess their dumbness

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
SPACECOM and the Space Force are two different things. It's confusing because the Space Force was spun off from the Air Force Space Command, but it's an entirely different organization than the U.S. Space Command.

As far as it goes, it'll be interesting to see how the move shakes out. Huntsville *was* one of the finalists for the final location and there's reporting out of Politico that's very different that what the CO folks are saying. And it seems notable that Gov. Ivey thanked Shelby, Doug Jones and Tommy Battle (the mayor of Huntsville) for the work they did on this but pointedly did NOT mention Mo Brooks.

But - the CO folks could be 100% right, this could be corrupt as heck and a decision that then Biden admin really needs to reverse. This is really one of the big downsides of having a dirtbag like Brooks as our rep. How can a person *not* suspect corruption when this sort of thing happens?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Exactly. Nasa doesn't even have its own rockets right now. Wtf do we need space marines? Bitches couldn't even get into space without hitching a ride from Elon Musk.

It's like Switzerland having a Navy, but at least those MFs have a lake to defend against the Nazis.

BTW, I googled Swiss navy and learned something today. Might have to give it a go w. the wifey...

Last edited:
  • Haha

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Dipstick Donald slashed taxes then created a Space Force.

Once again Republicans run up the deficit and then proclaim it as the most important issue facing our nation. So long as a Democrat is President.
Quick, let's tackle spending immediately. Then blame the Democrat for the slower stimulus on the economy.
That way a Republican can restore the stock market by... spending an extra trillion / year.

Reactions: desy

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Well you know spelling is not what makes a person smart right? and I wasn't publishing this so a little leeway granted except for the obsessive compulsives! ;)

I certainly did not intend to besmirch your intelligence.

Many very intelligent and admirable folks on this forum and elsewhere make that same mistake all the time.

A gentle nudge is all it is intended to be

Cheers.