dinner

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
I'm on a diet, but I wanted to drink, so I finished a half bottle of wine for dinner. Is that wrong?

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Squisher
I made Sheppard's Pie for the first time. I thought the meat needed more of a zing. I was thinking maybe something vinegary, like ketchup, BBQ sauce, of even some balsamic vinegar. Or, go Mexican with some cumin.

My scottish brother in slow cooks the meat with onions, garlic and a bit of chocolate. Yes chocolate. It's fantastic.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I made Sheppard's Pie for the first time. I thought the meat needed more of a zing. I was thinking maybe something vinegary, like ketchup, BBQ sauce, of even some balsamic vinegar. Or, go Mexican with some cumin.

I make this one occasionally and verily it calls for balsamic and tomato paste. Personally, I keep the garlic potato seperate and do not include peas although they are likewise good on the side or better yet asparagus with butter. For the main bit, I use perhaps half the liquid called for -about 1 cup of red wine and up to 1/2 cup of potato water as necessary.

Originally posted by: djheater
I'm on a diet, but I wanted to drink, so I finished a half bottle of wine for dinner. Is that wrong?

If your diet includes wine then no problem (diet is a noun not a verb). If intending to reduce the intake of food energy however it's probably wrong as wine is relatively high in that regard.

Savarak

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2001
made beef macaroni... about 8 servings worth for the next few days worth of lunch..

cherrytwist

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2000

Worcestershire. Trust me on this.