DIMES - IT SEEMS TO BE BACK - ... what's up - no data updates since 9/24

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Anybody know what's going on with this project?

I finally broke into the top 100 in the world and now there's no updates for two days!

;)

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Doh! I didn't even notice, haven't checked the stats in months :eek:

I see you'll be passing Team Ent soon ;) ,not that they seem to be running it anymore:p

I've yet to break into the Top 450 lol ,though Im only 20 places behind you in TA ;)

Oh ,no idea about the stats.
Anything on their site about it?

Stats problems have been noticed in the Dimes forums too ,nothing on their site about it though.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
No sign of that on the DIMES site either ,why do you say that?

Is it just the FreeDC stats that are not updating or the DIMES home site too?

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Assimilator1
Oh :( ,what's happening?
What version have you got?

I had 4.2 version installed, but it was set to autoupdate the client.

I'm uninstalling and installing the latest version and see if that doesn't fix the problem.

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The new version fixed the problem, at least it's back up and running. :)

Don't know about the stats, though.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Free DC's Dimes stats have been updated so I assume their back up :)

Though it shows my output as zero :confused:

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Lots of zeros.

My machines appear to be working great, but the stats are totally crap.

Is there any way to contact the project staff?

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I think they were all on holiday, Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur September 23* - October 2, 2006.

But they haven't even responded in the Dime forums.

I sent Omad an email asking what's going on, and requesting some project communication with the Dimes community.

Wiz,
You can go to their forums, and there is an email option when they post. that's how I got Omad's email address.

InlineFive

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2003
How much bandwidth can this program potentially use? Is it CPU intensive or could it run parallel with something like F@H?

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
It can be bandwidth intensive, but you can adjust it to use more or less. It runs well with other DC projects (I run it with SOB) and I've run it with F@H, as it uses little CPU.

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Really beginning to look like this project is bust.

no joke. :(

I would hope that the project team would at least have the decency to communicate the end of the project, or even just to say sorry, things are mucked up at the moment. No word at all is quite frustrating. I know some heavy hitters, even a mod on the forums have tried calling them on the phone and left messages, but nothing at all. Some are waiting until the 10th, and if no word or response by then, they are pulling the plug.

I bet many already have. :(

Announcement thread

From the announcement thread:
As stated in the stats flakiness thread:

Quote:
Well, I've tried to PM Eran, Yoav, and Ela . . . and all went to my outbox . . . not sent.

I tried e-mailing Eran and Yuval and I will wait a couple days to see if they got through or were picked off by spam filters.

I tried calling Eran, but no answer or answering machine.

I called Yuval and left a message.

We'll have to wait a couple days to see if there's any response.

If I don't hear anything from anyone by Oct. 10th . . . I'm pulling the plug entirely on this project.

Harder

It looks like I haven't been able to contact any of the staff or other Mods in quite a while . . . I didn't realize they were all going to the "Outbox". Rolling Eyes

It's sad that one has to resort to international calling and leaving messages because the system is failing and PM's don't go out to key people. Sad

Will update this announcement if I hear something, or Eran, Yoav, Ela, or Yuval may also update this message, once they get my voice mail or e-mail.

Stay tuned!

Harder

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
This is really odd ,I've had to contact the project honchos on 2 occasions ,& on both occasions they replied quickly ,were helpful & quite chatty.
Doesn't make sense that they'd just dissappear ,I'm sure we'll here from them soon

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Seems to all be back to normal this morning!

Wish they would be a little more free with the information - no news, no official posts on the forum.

At least it's working again, but it looks to me like none of the work done over the past days counted.

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
It does look like it's back, and even the Free-DC stats are back. And I did get credit today for work over the last few days.

Piss poor communication though from the project team. Not a peep from them as to what happened, or anything. :|