Question Digital sign, ubiquiti, networking help.

Rinkerx

Apr 20, 2021
My business has 1 LED sign (signtronix) and a program on my laptop that I create what I want on the sign. I use 2 Ubiquiti Loco M5's for my laptop and sign to communicate wirelessly. For some reason it just quit working? I replaced both Ubiquiti's. I have tried everything I know to try and get them to work, I tried Pinging them, I tried only allowing IPv4 address, I tried changing the IP addresses in the admin settings. Does anyone have an idea what I could do? I know its a long shot but I figured why not see if someone here would have a clue. The sign works, the program works, the ubiquitis work, I can't seem to get them to communicate. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Post some ipconfig /all info, the expected configs of the m5's, the sign config, and what you can / can't ping.

fkoehler

Feb 29, 2008
I haven't worked with these before, however if you've already replaced h/w and it still doesn't work, I would be inclined to either look at the laptop, or install app on another laptop and test both original m5's and new.

It would be rather coincidental to not only have the original m5's fail, but also a new set. But then, I've not been reading a lot of positive about Ubi lately compared to a couple of years ago.

Is it possible a windows update happened on the laptop?

ASK THE COMMUNITY