Digg goes 'obama quiet'

WingZero94

Golden Member
Mar 20, 2002
I'm not a fan of either, but I have noticed that Digg just LOVES Obama. Now, if obama had won yesterday, it'd be all over Digg. NOT a mention of billary on the front page of digg today. However, there is a bush cheny bashing article.

My thought is that the online community has bashed billary so much, that they can't afford for her to win the nomination anymore. If she does, then they are done.

Moved from Off Topic
moderator allisolm

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
That's because if Hillary wins, McCain wins. I have yet to see anyone actually dispute this point.

Also...
<---- P&N

WingZero94

Golden Member
Mar 20, 2002
Yea, well her own party members have just trashed and vilified her. Surly there was a better way?

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
So Clinton won everything but VT lastnight??
I despise her, but it'll be an easy win for McCain if those two are the last ones standing :thumbsup:

edit: Sorry Legendary, I woud've quoted you but I was too excited :laugh:

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
McCain was the big winner. Hillary looming in the mirror has that campaign licking its chops.

He needed her to do well, and she did.

WingZero94

Golden Member
Mar 20, 2002
I agree, she is going to ruin it for the dems and nobama. I for one don't like any of them (McCain included).

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Hrmm, considering the internet prognosticators on here have been wrong about pretty much everything else this election cycle, I'm not too worried about people saying 'if KKKlinton wins, McCain wins!' Either Clinton or Obama will wipe the floor with McCain... his recent embrace of Bush and his policies is going to help the Democrats turn this election into another referendum on Bush's presidency... and we all saw what happened in 2006 when that happened. Total annhiliation.

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
Originally posted by: WingZero94
I'm not a fan of either, but I have noticed that Digg just LOVES Obama. Now, if obama had won yesterday, it'd be all over Digg. NOT a mention of billary on the front page of digg today. However, there is a bush cheny bashing article.

My thought is that the online community has bashed billary so much, that they can't afford for her to win the nomination anymore. If she does, then they are done.

Moved from Off Topic
moderator allisolm

there's usually a 10-20 hour lag between when a story is submitted and when it hits the front page. now (~14 hours after the victor of the Texas primary was declared), a story about her wins is one of the top 10 most dugg stories of the day.

...but aside from that, what the hell does "the online community... can't afford for her to win the nomination" mean? digg users have no stake in this election beyond any normal citizen, they simply post on digg. they won't/can't be "done", unless hilary plans on shutting down the internet.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Legendary
That's because if Hillary wins, McCain wins. I have yet to see anyone actually dispute this point.

Then you clearly haven't been looking. A democrat hunchback retarded lesbian cross dresser is likely to beat McCain. But assuming Hillary doesn't get the nom, Obama will do fine.