difficult DVI setup question

stimuli

Oct 28, 2000
well i hope not too difficult... this has already stumped one forum..

i plan on buying 2 sgi 1600SW LCD monitors (each come with a multilink adapter to accept analogue and DVI)
i am setting up a KVM switchable dual monitor setup - multi-platform (4 win2k and 2 mac). i plan on using a drbott.com USB 8 port DVI(!) KVM and need to find a DVI monitor switch (4 port) - 3 of these computers are dual-monitor enabled.

why DVI?
i want to keep my graphics connections in the digital domain to take advantage of the digital signal (more stable image, nailed pixels, etc.)

so, i need to get new DVI graphics cards (aside from the 2 that will come with the monitors). it also must be able to put out the exact resolution of 1600x1024 for the 1600SW.

my questions can be boiled down to:
1) whats a good workstation 3D DVI card in the $300-$600 range?
2) is there a budget PCI and/or AGP DVI card (for the network render boxes and web server - great performance unnecessary)

it would be great if there was a dual-head DVI card compatible with the 1600SW..

am i nuts?

i have 4 CRTs already, need to switch between the boxes and reduce this ridiculous footprint, and also want to convert to high quality digital LCD. dont worry about mac compatibility, already got that figured. formac has made that manageable at least.
there is a compatibility list at http://www.sgi.com/flatpanel/superwide_savvy.html - the thing is, it doesnt mention what cards in there are DVI.. and it may not be up to date. outside of this forum, ill be continuing to try to get in touch with the various manufacturers, but havent had good luck so far.