Difference in how Democrats and Republicans deal with racism in their midst. Which party has the problem?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I've said repeatedly, any human being can be guilty of racist behavior, but The Republican Party supports condones and gives aid and comfort to racists.

Here is a clear example of two incidents that happened this month. One Democrat, One Republican. Democrat leadership condemned the behavior immediately. Not only that but called for her resignation and that just happened. Republicans? Only one spoke out but said "I wouldn't call it racist". Just gave their tepid response something I wouldn't have said.

How much more proof do we need Republicans are the party of racism?

Top L.A. Democrat Resigns After Leaked Racist Audio Surfaces Online (ussanews.com)

Sen. Tommy Tuberville Goes on Racist Rant Over ‘Reparations’ (thedailybeast.com)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lezunto

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
In Tuberville's case he's just delivering a message that most of his voters likely believe. The moral shittyness of the Republican Party is in no small part a demand side problem though they've all made peace with exploiting it for political gain.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
In Tuberville's case he's just delivering a message that most of his voters likely believe. The moral shittyness of the Republican Party is in no small part a demand side problem though they've all made peace with exploiting it for political gain.
Yeah the difference in how Republicans address racism vs. Democrats can be explained entirely by the preferences of their voters. Republicans are not punished for racism because their voters don't mind or actively support it. Democratic voters don't like it, so Democrats don't. The Republicans that Do A Racism are overwhelmingly ones in safe districts so what non-Republicans think is largely irrelevant.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
nitpick 1 - I presume you mean Democrat leadership "condemned" rather than "condoned". Sounds like the Republicans did the "condoning".

nitpick 2 - the first link isn't working for me - get a strange error message about the server being down.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
But but but this just proves white people aren't the only racists...amirite????

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
nitpick 1 - I presume you mean Democrat leadership "condemned" rather than "condoned". Sounds like the Republicans did the "condoning".

nitpick 2 - the first link isn't working for me - get a strange error message about the server being down.
Thx, will fix.

Link works now. Musta been website.

BTW - I really hate people doing that (musta, tryna, fidna). Got a laugh at family football BBQ Sunday when I said it was something that really irritates me about black people.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
The situation in Los Angeles is absolutely disgusting. This little boy was reportedly two years old when he was at the parade and apparently misbehaved. But he's supposed to be "taken around the corner" and given a beatdown?

By contrast, when Andrew Giuliana acted up at his father, Rudy's first inauguration, he was seven years old. But I guess no beatdown was needed.

Martinez and the one who knew about this, but kept their hate for a child quiet, all need to resign their positions. Racists will never stop likening Black people to monkeys and apes.

This racist woman also insulted Jews and Armenians in the same leaked audio tape. What's behind it? Refusal of these individuals to share political power in Los Angeles as they ponder redistricting.

This struggle over The Vote has been building in L.A. for years. These folks all need to resign.