Difference between Opteron OSA146DAA5BN 939 PIN and OSA146BNBOX??

msi or epox

Jul 15, 2005
ok, I simply typed OSA146DAA5BN in RTYPE and it said it was the OEM

- what I really need to know is what will be missing if i get the OEM? a heatsink?

anyone?

TankGuys

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Originally posted by: msi or epox
ok, I simply typed OSA146DAA5BN in RTYPE and it said it was the OEM

- what I really need to know is what will be missing if i get the OEM? a heatsink?

anyone?

You do not get a heastink. You also get NO warranty, unless onsale.com extends one to you. AMD does NOT warrant any OEM chips. So unless the vendor covers you, you're on your own. This is moot if you plan to overclock since it voids the warranty anyway though :)

TankGuys

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Originally posted by: modempower
I thought oem opterons had 1 year?

Nope, unless the reseller offers one. Directly from AMD's site:

"If I have a non-boxed product, who do I contact to determine if my problem is covered by the warranty?

Contact the company from which you originally bought your computer system or contact the system manufacturer. If your system was built by an OEM, please address your issue directly to that OEM for resolution. You can also consult the warranty documentation that accompanied your computer system for specific warranty terms and conditions. DO NOT contact AMD.

The reseller from which I bought a system that contains an AMD processor informs me that my warranty has expired. Does AMD provide a warranty extension period for the processor?

No. AMD DOES NOT cover products purchased from reseller and DOES NOT provide any extensions to the warranty period as outlined in the documentation which came with your computer system. "

Warranty info

msi or epox

Jul 15, 2005
I ordered the OEM and emailed them as to when they expect a shipment to arrive.
This was there response, I hate it when they don't provide a contact #.

"Thank you for contacting Buy.com.

This is in reference to your email regarding the order #26239032.

We apologize for the difficulties you have experienced with your order. This is to inform you that unfortunately, due to setback from the manufacturer, we are currently unable to fulfill the item #202068402 on your order. We suggest you to make a cancellation request on the item and once it will be available place a new order on our website .

We again apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for writing to Buy.com.

Sincerely,
Buy.com Customer Care Team"