Difference between crew socks and tube socks?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
At my local warmart, they have 2 types of socks: crew and tube.

whats the difference and which is better?

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
tube socks are usually longer than crew socks and dont have a left and right sock. crew socks are typically shorter and each pair of socks has a left sock and right sock. the difference is something along those lines. most people prefer crew socks, I prefer ankle socks

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: josphII
tube socks are usually longer than crew socks and dont have a left and right sock. crew socks are typically shorter and each pair of socks has a left sock and right sock. the difference is something along those lines. most people prefer crew socks, I prefer ankle socks
I have never seen socks with a 'left' and a 'right'.
You must shop in places that are waaaaay too expensive for me!

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Cyberian

:Q

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
K-Mart?

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Howard
K-Mart?

Ooooooh...below the belt. But yes, tube socks basically look like a big condom :) without a right or left designation. Crew socks have a left/right pair.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I have never seen left/right socks. Tube socks are straight. Crew socks are shaped like a foot. They have a heel formed into them.