Did you write this

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Why can't people write legibly, especially on business documents?

We get applications from businesses that want to be dealers of our products. I have to add this info to the dealer locator software on the website. There are many times where I can't read the writing. Is it that hard to write clearly or to take your time?

Rill22

Oct 5, 2005
Irritates me to no end. I receive applications for all-expense-paid study tours to Germany and have to input them into a database, and you'd think that people would want to put their best foot forward and write neatly. I despise having to google their information just to double-check that I've read it correctly.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
maybe they are all doctors, my dads handwriteing is horrid, mine is almost as bad, and seeing as 99.9 % of the things i need to do are typed its a non issue

i dont remember most of the cursive letters, only whats in my name

Pantoot

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Anubis

My son is learning cursive, I had a really hard time telling him to not bother. I cannot remember the last time I wrote more than my signature in cursive.

gar3555

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex

We get applications from businesses that want to be dealers of our products. I have to add this info to the dealer locator software on the website. There are many times where I can't read the writing. Is it that hard to write clearly or to take your time?

is someone just pissed off they had to go to calligraphy camp when they were growing up?

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
I usually blame the electronic age for my poor writing skills (which are still better than most). Honestly, I hand write maybe a list for the store. Other than that, I have no real reason to write anything out by hand.

A better question may be "Why can't my employer get with the times and have an electric online automated system?"

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Pantoot

My son is learning cursive, I had a really hard time telling him to not bother. I cannot remember the last time I wrote more than my signature in cursive.

aye...

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com

i honestly can't read or write cursive. even my signature, i write in stylized print.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
When I send hand-written lists to potential business partners, I always tape a pencil onto my nose and write like that.

gar3555

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Originally posted by: TwiceOver
Honestly, I hand write maybe a list for the store.

lol
i started typeing those up in notepad and printing them out

lol

I just use my HTC Mogul :p, always have it on me

oznerol

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2002
www.lorenzoisawesome.com
I avoid any situation I can that involves me writing something by hand - especially at work. Not because I am lazy, but because my handwriting looks like it is that of an 8-year-old.

AmpedSilence

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
my hand writing is good. but i type faster than i write. So i prefer to type. I don't understand how a few years of using a computer can degrade your writing skills, unless of course your hand writing sucked to begin with.

teclis1023

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2007
Originally posted by: gar3555
is someone just pissed off they had to go to calligraphy camp when they were growing up?

Don't be hatin'

Calligraphy camp was the best!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: gar3555

Um...no, never went to that. Is there even such a thing?

I am with you guys in cursive also, I don't write anything in cursive except my name. I used to write everything in cursive on my checks but I kept running into stuff I couldn't remember how to write, so I just started to write it in print.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I am with you guys in cursive also, I don't write anything in cursive except my name. I used to write everything in cursive on my checks but I kept running into stuff I couldn't remember how to write, so I just started to write it in print.

WTF! you have to know 52 symbols...most look pretty close to there print counterparts.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: alkemyst

WTF! you have to know 52 symbols...most look pretty close to there print counterparts.

its true, however if you have not used them in 15 years you eaisily forget them

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

This is very true. It's one thing to see a letter, it's entirely another to "remember" the muscle movements needed to write it on paper. I'm not even certain I remember how to write in cursive, as it's easily been over 20 years since I've needed to do it.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

I am 36 so probably since 18/19 I haven't used it...I was able to write them out.

Then again some kids rode a different bus than I did.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
My handwriting is so bad it may as well be Arabic. I don't really care though.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004

I was required to use cursive until 5th grade. I'm not sure how your son's school works but he might have no choice for a while.

Jun 4, 2005
I can write legibly in cursive, but the size and shape of my letters are so inconsistent that it's not even worth it. I haven't used cursive since the 4th grade.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..I tell people to PRINT so I don't have to decode hieroglyphics.