Did you watch "Book Of Daniel" before it was cancelled by NBC?

boomer6447

Apr 19, 2001
sure did...I even set up a season pass on my Tivo..

I liked that show, good acting, decent writing, and a good storyline..

Too bad it was cancelled :disgust:

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: boomer6447

is it worth watching the 4 episodes that screened?

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: aidanjm

Not in my book. Unless you're looking to see the most dysfunctional religious family EVER. Father Daniel is addicted to painkillers, his wife is a drinker, their daughter sells drugs, the son is gay, Daniel's father, also an Episcopal priest, is having an affair with the bishop and Daniel's mother has alzheimer's. There must be some stereotpyical "family problem" that has been left out but maybe they were intending to slide it in later. The Osbornes had more redeeming qualities than these people.

Cooler

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2005
OMG They caneled it it was one of there better shows.
Im going right some emails now.

JoPh

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2002
girlfriend watched it. she said while it was strange she enjoyed it.

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Gnrslash4life
I dont even remember seeing a commercial for it.

Me too. Never heard of this show. Might be part of the reason no one watched.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Originally posted by: allisolm

Not in my book. Unless you're looking to see the most dysfunctional religious family EVER. Father Daniel is addicted to painkillers, his wife is a drinker, their daughter sells drugs, the son is gay, Daniel's father, also an Episcopal priest, is having an affair with the bishop and Daniel's mother has alzheimer's. There must be some stereotpyical "family problem" that has been left out but maybe they were intending to slide it in later. The Osbornes had more redeeming qualities than these people.

Worst review ever. You don't recommend the FICTIONAL show because of the characters? Let me guess, you only go to Rated G movies?

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
I'm suprised they were able to screen 4 episodes before it was cancelled.

newParadigm

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2003
Originally posted by: sygyzy

Worst review ever. You don't recommend the FICTIONAL show because of the characters? Let me guess, you only go to Rated G movies?

No, but the use of the Title Book of Daniel is very degrading of the christian faith if the show was truly as it was described above. I really don't understand the purpose of such a show. I acutally thought that the show was a quasi-historical non-fiction look at the actual book of daniel from the bible. This in many ways disgusts me.

And no, I dont only go to G movies. I don't have a big problem with this crap in fiction, its supposed to be there.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
the purpose of the show was to denigrate religious people, especially christians. the hollyweird people want to persecute and belittle christians, so they make a junky show like that and give it a title like that to try and ridicule religious people

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
My wife and I did. It was a good show. It had nothing to do with what FoBoT is saying. That sounds like someone who has never seen it.

It was a pretty funny show. All it was was a family with lots of problems an done of them happened to be the father is a preacher who saw Jesus in his daydreams.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Decent show, but the whole stained glass window segway thing got annoying quick. The last time I saw that done was from some lame mystery murder show back in the early 90's. I wish that I could remember the name of it, but that show kinda sucked to me.

Hmm.. I think that it was "Murder, She Wrote", actually. Wow, I'm probably dating myself, but Angela Lansbury seemed really annoying when I was a kid.

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: newParadigm
Originally posted by: sygyzy

No, but the use of the Title Book of Daniel is very degrading of the christian faith if the show was truly as it was described above. I really don't understand the purpose of such a show. I acutally thought that the show was a quasi-historical non-fiction look at the actual book of daniel from the bible. This in many ways disgusts me.

And no, I dont only go to G movies. I don't have a big problem with this crap in fiction, its supposed to be there.

Good, why should we sugar-coat a religion?

DOGMA FTW!

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
nope, too many other good shows on to bother.

on another note that Emilys reasons why not show featuring heather graham got canceled after 1 eps!!! haha ouch...she's so hot. not that i'd watch it:p