Did you vote for Bush or Gore JUST because you are a Republican or Democrat?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
My Positions on some core issues:

Pro tax cuts (its my $$$$$$)
Pro Life (abortion saddens me)
Pro environment (better fuels, not more)
Pro strong defense (More than ever no?)
Pro status quo with Social Security (it's there for a reason!)
Pro moderate gun control

So what am I? I grew up in a Democratic home but feel better as a moderate Republican or a Conservative Democrat. Depends on the candidate.

I felt GORE would be too partisan and that I agree with BUSH on more issues than not.

So BUSH. Didn't matter though, my vote WAS a waste in MASSACHUSETTS. ;)

Thorn

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm Libertarian, but I voted for Bush. It was pretty painful to pull out of Brown's camp at first, but I didn't see any other choice. Being from TN, I know what Gore is like and am proud of the fact I was part of the resistance to keep him from getting his home state. You have no idea what kind of a chameleon and lapdog this jerk is... He was constantly selling our best interests out from under our noses just to gain more and more political clout. Even to this day he's the reason why we have 2 Republican senators (Frist and Thompson).

Anyway, I spent all day and most of the night Sat, Sun, and Mon on the phone calling friends and family in TN talking them into voting for Bush (and convinced them to call their friends and family), I feel I was very successful.

DaBoneHead

Sep 1, 2000

What girlfriday said goes for me to. Loved the older bush, despised the younger...

Does the fact that Nepotism played heavily in this election bother anyone else? Why did I feel like I needed to shower with chlorine bleach when I came back from voting?