Did you see what I just saw?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The Donald, gesticulating in his trademark bilaterally symmetrical way, mafioso style, declaring "when somebody's the president of the United States, the authority is total, and that's the way it's gotta be."

This is the land of government of the people, by the people, for the people?

Somebody show that man the door!

I'll leave it for someone else to post the video, Heaven knows it's there, I just saw it on NBC Nightly News. I had to leave the room...

Last edited:

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
20638645_10208408871373538_6881740161778316196_n.jpg

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Big difference-that was based on reality and was totally within the bounds of the Constitution. When His Donaldship thinks of the Constitution (if at all) he considers it only as a hindrance to his desired autocratic rule.

I'm also...undecided...as to whether that was bad English or legitimate creativity. It's not what 'decider' usually means (usually it's a particularly crucial game or debate) but it's not automatically wrong to choose to use it as a snappier term for 'decision-maker'.

But Trump seems to be quite openly declaring he thinks the US is still a monarchy, and that all that 'separation of powers' and constitutional stuff is so much baloney. Does seem to be consistent with the general very-long-term direction of the US system towards a more imperial Presidency, though.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'm also...undecided...as to whether that was bad English or legitimate creativity. It's not what 'decider' usually means (usually it's a particularly crucial game or debate) but it's not automatically wrong to choose to use it as a snappier term for 'decision-maker'.

But Trump seems to be quite openly declaring he thinks the US is still a monarchy, and that all that 'separation of powers' and constitutional stuff is so much baloney. Does seem to be consistent with the general very-long-term direction of the US system towards a more imperial Presidency, though.
With help from the enabler Republican Party and AG Barr.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I wonder what many of Trump's supporters think of his declaring "his authority is total and that's the way it's got to be" (paraphr). Of course we know how Barr feels about this, however I wonder what all of those meathead Repub legislators that serve at his feet think of Trump's take on his declaration of supreme rule over the nation.

That open declaration of omnipotence was not unexpected yet it's still cringe worthy to actually hear it come out of that hole in his face.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
The only reason he ran for office is he honestly thought the job was a dictatorship.
Thats what happens when a millionaire goes to a private school: they graduate him no matter what.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Yeah I also feel he didn’t think American’s would be stupid enough to elect him. But once he got the taste of power, he rolled with it. But you can see he hates the duties of POTUS. But will take all economic benefits while he can influence it. And while he probably doesn’t want another term, he will hate losing even more.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
no, I think he ran to pad his pocket and never expected to win, he just wanted to get the recognition from running so to enhance his fortune.
Yep, he double dipped on his campaign contributions being free ads for his businesses.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
no, I think he ran to pad his pocket and never expected to win, he just wanted to get the recognition from running so to enhance his fortune.
Also to get the attention. He's always been an attention hound. He told the story in The Art of the Deal about the first time he saw his name in the newspaper. His pulse quickened, he probably got a hardon. It was a red letter day for him. I think that's a big clue to what makes him tick. His running for president is another manifestation of that hunger for media attention that feeds his ego. Same deal with his constant tweeting.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The Donald, gesticulating in his trademark bilaterally symmetrical way, mafioso style, declaring "when somebody's the president of the United States, the authority is total, and that's the way it's gotta be."

As Republicans would have it...
This is the land of government of the Trump, by the Trump, for the Trump.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

I'll leave it for someone else to post the video, Heaven knows it's there, I just saw it on NBC Nightly News. I had to leave the room...

Wish I could post videos straight to here, instead of uploading to youtube, and then posting a link.

Makes no sense.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I always get
"The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension. "

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
No, when I try to upload it to here.
I've never tried uploading a video to here... are you sure it's possible? I've linked many videos, usually from Youtube. It usually works but some videos on Youtube won't allow appearing in threads per se, but can be launched from threads (i.e. at Youtube). I have gotten a message that the particular provider does not want their video to appear in threads... IIRC.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
I've never tried uploading a video to here... are you sure it's possible? I've linked many videos, usually from Youtube. It usually works but some videos on Youtube won't allow appearing in threads per se, but can be launched from threads (i.e. at Youtube). I have gotten a message that the particular provider does not want their video to appear in threads... IIRC.

Usually I'll save them using the site en.savefrom.net/1-how-to-download-youtube-video/ , and then I cn post them anywhere (twitter, Facebook, etc...)

Except here.