Did you line up for it?

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
You know, that Ithing.

It's OK, you can tell us.

Let see the pictures

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I would not mind getting one eventually.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
ichart3.jpg

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
I only line up for discounted devices, not "have to be the first because it's cool" devices.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Bought myself a Macbook and the wife an iPod about 4 years ago. It taught me a lesson that I will never forget. Shortly thereafter I sold the Macbook and the wife stopped using the iPod (she loved iTunes so much).

Never again ...

LookBehindYou

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
I started to preorder then cancelled at the last minute. I spent the next week and a half convincing myself I wasn't going to get one...

And I stood in line at Wally world last night to get one. Haven't opened it yet, getting ready to run to the apple store and pick up a case and airport extreme then I'll open it.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
People will apparently line up for anything.
I saw a line and joined it, but then when I got to about 5th in line, I smelled it and almost threw up. I immediately left the line, wretching all the way to my car.
Your mom really needs a shower.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
still don't see the point of these things.

a couple of my uses (and yes it's better at them than a smartphone):
- living room watching tv and felt the need to look something up
- in bed and just wanna netflix

we got ipad1 free from wife's work, otherwise I'd never spend $500... I'd just use my smartphone (pain in the ass).

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001

If this is what you're using a tablet for, then you wasted 500 dollars.

saratoga172

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2009
Nope. Was going to order one from apple to sell for profit but i'm leaving for vacation today.

That and the fact that work is replacing my iPad 2 with a shiny new iPad in the next month. IT has its perks. We have to test the business functions.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
If I wanted an ipad I would just look at craigslist for all the ipad2s that will be getting listed.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
People will apparently line up for anything.
I saw a line and joined it, but then when I got to about 5th in line, I smelled it and almost threw up. I immediately left the line, wretching all the way to my car.
Your mom really needs a shower.

Amazing 9/10.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004

we got ipad1 free from wife's work, otherwise I'd never spend $500... I'd just use my smartphone (pain in the ass).

i'd agree on the pain in the ass smartphone statement, but if i have to look something up that bad (and am really feeling that lazy), i'll use my phone. if i'm in bed and wanna netflix... that's what the tv is for.

i just don't really understand it. it's a glorified smartphone.... without the phone feature. i'd just rather have the smartphone/laptop combo (that basically the same physical size).

cheezy321

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2003
OMG GUYS YOU ARE SUCH A LOOOOZER IF YOU WAIT IN LINE FOR A PRODUCT. I MAY HAVE AN AVERAGE OF 10 POSTS A DAY ON THIS WEBSITE BUT YOU ARE A TOTAL LOSER IF YOU WAIT IN A LINE. SHEEPLE, iSHEEP, BUNCH OF CLOWNS WHY DONT YOU THINK FOR YOURSELF?!?!

(I didnt wait in line, preorder FTW)

Last edited:

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Never, but I saw a big line of morons outside my work when I was walking in today.

KT

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Never, but I saw a big line of morons outside my work when I was walking in today.

KT

Narse

Moderator<br>Computer Help
Mar 14, 2000
I used to be one that didn't understand tablets until I picked up one of the HP Touchpads. It quickly became my most used device. I sold it and picked up a iPad 2 after I played around with ICS on the touchpad. I likely would have kept it longer if webOS had any real app support or if ICS hadn't been buggy etc. I plan to sell my ipad2 soon once the hype dies down and pick up a ipad3.

It's awesome to take my iPad into meetings for notes an to print off quick maps etc. it's also by far my go to device for email or web browsing. I guess now I don't understand being tied to my desk with my desktop or to use my laptop unless I have to have it to burn a boot cd or back up a users files etc. I even use the iPad to remote support users via VNC. It does 90% of my work I need to do and honestly that number is just going to get bigger.

Tablets are here to stay and are the path to how we compute in the future IMO

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
The iPad's going to be a huge failure, it's nothing but an over-sized iPod Touch, it will be the biggest epic fail joke of a product ever.

saratoga172

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2009
Got mine through work. Got it today since I was on vacation all last week. So far it's awesome. Same interface but the screen is gorgeous. And I use logmein a lot and it does a fantastic job making my computer look good.

Anyone want me to look at anything particular?