Did you know John Mccain was a POW?

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37O08IJstQ

I was just browsing an article and saw this little clip of the nutcase reminding us yet again that he was in Vietnam..which is why we must vote for him. It's really getting amusing.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/seiler6.html

excerpt: "If you had any doubts about John McCain?s sanity, watch this YouTube of part of his appearance on the "Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Monday, Aug. 25. It begins with Leno asking about all the houses owned by Cindy and John McCain. Typical of Leno, it?s a pointless question asked only because it?s currently in the news. But is this the most important question to ask of the man who might be the next president?

"Yet the question elicits, in mere seconds, all you need to know about why John McCain should not be president. At about the 15?16 second mark in the YouTube, where McCain says "yet, um," he gets that look on his face where you know he?s insane. He really, really wants to say: It?s questions like that, Jay, which show me why, when I become president, I?m going to push the nuclear button and blow up the whole world!"

sad but true.. After watching Mccain in his town hall speeches, this is what I see...an angry and bitter old man who is desperate to carve out a place for himself in history...desperate to get his hands on the reigns of power and start throwing his weight around in an effort to reshape the world and "conquer evil". He's like a clone of Sean Hannity who has aged 30 years, and he doesn't have much time left so he doesn't have much to lose...a true lunatic. God help us if he wins.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Did you know that the Republicans are going to say that Barack Obama has a funny name, and the he doesn't look like anyone else on our currency?

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
I though it was funny but also sad that eveytime he gets a question that he does not have an approved answer he just brings up he was POW.

If he keeps this up like Kerry did it will burn him. Bush used it against him in 2000 and he did not learn. they did it to Kerry in 04 and McCain did not learn.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
I though it was funny but also sad that eveytime he gets a question that he does not have an approved answer he just brings up he was POW.

If he keeps this up like Kerry did it will burn him. Bush used it against him in 2000 and he did not learn. they did it to Kerry in 04 and McCain did not learn.
Well this time he has the assholes the dissed him and Kerry for it on his side so it might not bite him in the ass as much.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
I think both candidates need to change (pun not intended) things up a bit. We've been hearing the same tired old lines for too long now. "hope and change" and "I was a POW" is getting pretty damn hold. However, the party faithful continue to eat it up on both sides, so that's why they're both sticking with it.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: JD50
I think both candidates need to change (pun not intended) things up a bit. We've been hearing the same tired old lines for too long now. "hope and change" and "I was a POW" is getting pretty damn hold. However, the party faithful continue to eat it up on both sides, so that's why they're both sticking with it.

Yup, this is why I blame the people and not the media or the candidates for dancing around the truth and the whole truth. Both the media and the candidates wouldn't be dishing us this bullshit over and over again if it didn't sell to so many people. They are going to tell us what they believe we want to hear and the sad part is that they are correct. People just want to hear it for some reason and they want to hear it so much that it prevents the other people that just want to get to the meat of matter from being able to do so with ease.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
The POW bit was a little bit of a side track, but the rest of his answer was very good.

I don't think John Kerry could have answered the house question yet Democrats had no problems with him.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: JD50

I think the hope thing works because people may be tired of their government telling them to be afraid. FEAR!!! FEAR!!! FEAR!!! is all we heard the past 7 years. McCain's campaign also does not strike me as positive and hopeful but one based on fear and war.

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Dari
I think the hope thing works because people may be tired of their government telling them to be afraid. FEAR!!! FEAR!!! FEAR!!! is all we heard the past 7 years. McCain's campaign also does not strike me as positive and hopeful but one based on fear and war.

The sad thing is, it seems to be working. Mccain is a clone of Bush on virtually every issue, and even after 8 years of Dubya who has an approval rating of 20%, Mccain is still tied or slightly AHEAD of Obama in the polls.. It seems people fear change more than they fear the disastrous policies we have now.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
Originally posted by: Dari

The sad thing is, it seems to be working. Mccain is a clone of Bush on virtually every issue, and even after 8 years of Dubya who has an approval rating of 20%, Mccain is still tied or slightly AHEAD of Obama in the polls.. It seems people fear change more than they fear the disastrous policies we have now.

I doubt it'll work this time. Human nature is inherently combative once something has settled in. In other words, we are progressive. This fear thing has its limits and people may rebel against it.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
NYMag:

Q: There are songs about Obama. Do you know any about McCain?
A: If there was a McCain song, it would be a smear. It would point out all his faults. I'd call it, 'No Snitching When you're a Prisoner of War.'"

- D.J. Alamo of Brand Nubian

I say we tie this putz up and torture him for a few years. See if we can get him to admit his real name is Clarence.