News Did you guys see the latest leaks about the new threadripper and rocketlake?

iamgenius

Jun 6, 2008
Rocketlake:

Threadripper:

I'm waiting for CES 2021!

Reactions: Tlh97 and Elfear

rbk123

Aug 22, 2006
If Rocket Lake can ease the demand for AMD CPU's, I'm all for it. With AMD's supply constraints while in the lead CPU position, the pricing ends up just as painful as when Intel was in the driver's seat.

Reactions: Hulk

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, AMD's speech came and went with no discussions of the next threadripper....

That said, there was some news on the Threadripper Pro and associated motherboards. So far only Supermicro has any real info, ASUS, and Gigabyte have had leaks, but nothing official. It is unfortunate that the Threadripper Pro is Zen2 based and came out about a year ago. It is just that the original exclusivity deal with Lenovo is ending.

I will get excited when there is a Zen3 based version of Threadripper Pro (or even just Threadripper). 128 lanes of PCIe 4x in the current Pro is pretty nice for anyone, and probably more than enough for anything.

iamgenius

Jun 6, 2008
Well, AMD's speech came and went with no discussions of the next threadripper....

That said, there was some news on the Threadripper Pro and associated motherboards. So far only Supermicro has any real info, ASUS, and Gigabyte have had leaks, but nothing official. It is unfortunate that the Threadripper Pro is Zen2 based and came out about a year ago. It is just that the original exclusivity deal with Lenovo is ending.

I will get excited when there is a Zen3 based version of Threadripper Pro (or even just Threadripper). 128 lanes of PCIe 4x in the current Pro is pretty nice for anyone, and probably more than enough for anything.

That's too unfortunate :disappointed: