Did you ever shop-lift stuff when you were a kid?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Nomada
I've stolen a few pair of steel-toes to get some temp labour. Food when hungry. Coats when in need. Oh yeah, lots and lots of beer out of cube-vans!

what are steel toes?

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
Originally posted by: aidanjm
I've stolen a few pair of steel-toes to get some temp labour. Food when hungry. Coats when in need. Oh yeah, lots and lots of beer out of cube-vans!

what are steel toes?

Boots with a steel reinforced toe.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: FleshLight
Originally posted by: aidanjm

what are steel toes?

Boots with a steel reinforced toe.

I see.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
yes, of course, i ripped an atari 2600 game (forgot what game it was ) open and shove the cartridge in my pants and tried to walk out with it.

got caught. as i was walking to the 'back room' with the security guard, i slip the cart somewhere else. so they never caught me with it. i just said i wanted to look in the game package.

I was in the middle school then.. 85? 84?

never ever shoplift again after that scare.

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
when i was in 6th grade, i stole 1 baseball card from costco and was busted. scarred me for life. :(

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Nope, I was too scared of getting caught. When I was in high school I worked at a 7-Eleven that had a "group home" behind it. The workers caught a couple of the kids with stuff they had stolen from us, so they brought them back and we had the cops put the fear of God in them. That was fun. :)

Cheesemoo

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2001
Once when I was prob. around 5 years old.

I loved vienna sausages, and had asked my Mom to get some for me while at the grocery store. I insisted that I hold them until we got to the checkout counter. My Mom told me not to get tired of holding them and forget about them, which I did a few minuttes later. Put them in my jacket pocket. Got to the car and took them out and gave them to my Mom. She made me go back and return them.... never shoplifted since....