Did they find Jimmy?

Nov 17, 2019
Curious minds and all ....
Vegas Police: Body in barrel in Lake Mead was man who had been shot

www.cbsnews.com.ico
CBS News|16 minutes ago
Las Vegas police believe a body found inside a barrel in the newly exposed bottom of Lake Mead was that of a man who had been shot. Homicide Lt. Ray Spencer also said Tuesday that shoes worn by the man were manufactured in the middle and late 1970s ...

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Wasn't Hoffa killed oilutside Detroit? Awfully long and risky way to move a body when they could just dump him into fresh concrete. I bet he's under a foundation somewhere in Michigan.

Nov 17, 2019
I'm not sure they know WHERE he was whacked. That's just the last place he was seen. And wasn't Vegas all 'connected' then?

Reactions: hal2kilo

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I think it's more likely he was he fed to hogs after he was killed as they will eat everything and leave very little behind.

also, if he is 'swimming with the fishes' why transport him thousands of miles when the great lakes are much closer.

Reactions: hal2kilo

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I think it's more likely he was he fed to hogs after he was killed as they will eat everything and leave very little behind.

also, if he is 'swimming with the fishes' why transport him thousands of miles when the great lakes are much closer.

Footings of The Meadowlands...

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Wasn't Hoffa killed oilutside Detroit? Awfully long and risky way to move a body when they could just dump him into fresh concrete. I bet he's under a foundation somewhere in Michigan.

Yep, his last verified location was a payphone from which he made a call to his wife, at a restaurant in a Detroit suburb, where he was set to have a meeting with two mobsters who were opposed to him retaking control of the teamster's union. He was almost certainly killed by those mobsters or men acting on their orders. It was just never proven, because they never found the body.

It seems entirely unlikely that his body was transported to Nevada for burial, though I suppose it is remotely possible as the wide open desert around Vegas was a favored dumping spot for the mob back then due to the unlikelihood of anyone ever finding the body. It probably isn't Hoffa, though given the location and time frame, the chances that this person was a victim of a mob hit are well above even.

Nov 17, 2019
Party pooper .....

"He declined to speculate about who might turn up in the vast reservoir formed by Hoover Dam between Nevada and Arizona.

“I’m relatively sure it was not Jimmy Hoffa,” he laughed, referring to the former labor boss who disappeared in 1975. But he added that a lot of his former clients seemed interested in “climate control” — mob speak for keeping the lake level up and bodies down in their watery graves."

Lots of other speculation there though.