Did Ted Cruz hit the nail on the heAD??

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I am not a Ted Cruz supporter but I think he gets it......
When will this senseless killing stop??

http://www.businessinsider.com/ted-cruz-statement-orlando-shooting-2016-6

Ted Cruz forcefully blasted Democrats in a strong Sunday statement on the deadly terror attack at an LGBTQ nightclub in Orlando earlier Sunday morning.

"The next few days will be sadly predictable," the Texas senator said in the statement. "Democrats will try to use this attack to change the subject. As a matter of rigid ideology, far too many Democrats - from Barack Obama to Hillary Clinton - will refuse to utter the words 'radical Islamic terrorism.'"

"They will claim this attack, like they claimed every previous attack, was isolated and had nothing to do with the vicious Islamist theology that is daily waging war on us across the globe," the Republican, who made an unsuccessful bid at his party's presidential nomination, continued. "And they will try to exploit this terror attack to undermine the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms of law-abiding Americans."

Cruz said "enough is enough" and called for Democrats and Republicans to join forces, "abandon political correctness," and defeat jihadists.

He later addressed pro-LGBTQ rights Democrats:

For all the Democrats who are loud champions of the gay and lesbian community whenever there is a culture battle waging, now is the opportunity to speak out against an ideology that calls for the murder of gays and lesbians.

ISIS and the theocracy in Iran (supported with American taxpayer dollars) regularly murder homosexuals, throwing them from buildings and burying them under rocks. This is wrong, it is evil, and we must all stand against it. Every human being has a right to live according to his or her faith and conscience, and nobody has a right to murder someone who doesn't share their faith or sexual orientation.

If you're a Democratic politician and you really want to stand for LGBT, show real courage and stand up against the vicious ideology that has targeted our fellow Americans for murder.

50 people were killed at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando after a gunman, identified by law-enforcement as 29-year-old Omar Saddiqui Mateen, opened fire inside the club during the early morning hours on Sunday.

Mateen, from Fort Pierce, Florida, was on an FBI list of suspected ISIS sympathizers, according to US officials. He called 911 and pledged allegiance to ISIS during the attack. Mateen was born in the US. His parents immigrated from Afghanistan.

The ISIS-affiliated news agency, Amaq News, claimed responsibility for the attack on Sunday. The agency said the shooting was the work of "a soldier of the caliphate," multiple media outlets have reported. It was unclear whether the group had been in contact with Mateen prior to his attack.

"Our nation is at war," Cruz wrote.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Is this guy now on the record as supporting gays right to marry ? That there is nothing inherently wrong with being gay ? That being gay is on an equal footing with being straight and should be supported equally ? I didn't see him saying that anywhere. Is he attacking a party that has taken the above positions and pushed legislation forward to make that a reality ? Does he now support those same positions or is he just capitalizing on a tragedy to attack a party that actually has a history of supporting the gay community ?

Is he still cut of the same cloth as the religious whackjob who did this, albeit a less dirty portion of it, who think they can stand in judgment of how gays live their lives because some old dusty book says it's a no no ?

Feb 4, 2009
I don't get the obsession with wanting to hear "radical Islamic terrorism" from Obama. Why isn't terrorist enough? Why use more words? I don't get the outrage.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
What's so ironic about Cruz's statement is that he is doing exactly what he accuses the Dems will do: make political hay out of a tragedy.

Sucks to be him, really.

edit - Thread title should be changed to "Ted Cruz hits the nail into his head."

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
Oops

"Ted Cruz spoke at a Christian conference in November where a pastor advocated forcefully for the executive of gays and lesbians – and then cheerfully introduced the Texas senator."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...or-introduced-just-calling-gays-EXECUTED.html

Was this the conference where after they spoke (Huckabee, Cruz and someone else?) there was another speaker who said more outrageous stuff and all the candidates literally ran out the back door so they weren't seen?

**too tired to read the link**

Nov 25, 2013
Was this the conference where after they spoke (Huckabee, Cruz and someone else?) there was another speaker who said more outrageous stuff and all the candidates literally ran out the back door so they weren't seen?

**too tired to read the link**

Sounds like a different conference than this one.

Oct 16, 1999
What's so ironic about Cruz's statement is that he is doing exactly what he accuses the Dems will do: make political hay out of a tragedy.

Sucks to be him, really.

edit - Thread title should be changed to "Ted Cruz hits the nail into his head."

Don't worry, after some appropriate length of time to appear earnestly mournful all these fuckers will be back on message that transsexuals in public bathrooms are the real safety threat.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Rule number one from the Republican playbook:
1) always accuse your opponents of doing what you are actually doing.

Nov 25, 2013

It gets better. In the later fallout over his attendance Cruz tried to deny knowing the guy and his beliefs. Turns out that he was actually warned against going a few days before the conference in an on air interview where the good pastor's views were made know to him.

He was there knowing full well what the pastor's beliefs are. He's a disgusting hypocrite trying to further his own political ambitions on this tragedy. And he claims to be a Christian.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Oh NO NO NO TED!!! No You Don't. Not this time you freaking moron.

Ted, once again, is absolutely WRONG!!!
We cannot blame EVERYTHING on ISIS.
More than ISIS was this assassins hate towards Gays.
And THAT hate Ted fully supports, as well as many republican governors that have spent a lot of state time and money passing state laws to discriminate against Gays.

Need we be reminded that just recently one republican ran state overturned what gay protections were in place, and passed laws allowing Gays to be fired, denied housing, and open to even more hate crimes?

Hells Bells Sally...
Who needs ISIS or need to blame ISIS when we have right here under out very nose republican controlled state governments openly passing laws against Gays?

Oh No Ted... Not this time.
ISIS had maybe .0001% to do with this, and radical Islamic terrorism .00002 %. Maybe....
But this radical hate towards Gays?
THAT, people, originated directly from hands and minds of the Ted Cruz's of ""America"".

I bet people don't even know that during the republican caucuses in Iowa, old TED himself attended a radical religious event where the preacher fully supported death for all homosexuals.
And TED, yes old Ted Cruz himself, was right there in the front row cheering this extremist religious fanatic on. (link below)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michelangelo-signorile/post_10496_b_8544540.html

I hardly think anyone is going to feel the love for Ted shedding his crock tears over this Orlando tragedy.
We all know Ted probably had a major part in this.
A major part in this tragedy by egging on those that would carry out such an act against Gays. A major part in this by demonizing Gays. A major part in this by refusing to support laws protecting Gays from hate.
No.... don't let these damn republicans twist this onto the liberals or progressives like president Obama or Hillary Clinton.
This si not necessarily ISIS nor Muslim.
THIS is in fact 99.999% TED CRUZ owner and operated.
And every damn republican that shares Ted's distaste for the LGBT community.
THERE is your blame.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
How exactly would one go about "standing up to ISIS" according to OP and Ted Cruz? The Obama admin has already been doing so in Syria and the results are, shall we say, less than amazing.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Oh NO NO NO TED!!! No You Don't. Not this time you freaking moron.

Ted, once again, is absolutely WRONG!!!
We cannot blame EVERYTHING on ISIS.
More than ISIS was this assassins hate towards Gays.
And THAT hate Ted fully supports, as well as many republican governors that have spent a lot of state time and money passing state laws to discriminate against Gays.

Need we be reminded that just recently one republican ran state overturned what gay protections were in place, and passed laws allowing Gays to be fired, denied housing, and open to even more hate crimes?

Hells Bells Sally...
Who needs ISIS or need to blame ISIS when we have right here under out very nose republican controlled state governments openly passing laws against Gays?

Oh No Ted... Not this time.
ISIS had maybe .0001% to do with this, and radical Islamic terrorism .00002 %. Maybe....
But this radical hate towards Gays?
THAT, people, originated directly from hands and minds of the Ted Cruz's of ""America"".

I bet people don't even know that during the republican caucuses in Iowa, old TED himself attended a radical religious event where the preacher fully supported death for all homosexuals.
And TED, yes old Ted Cruz himself, was right there in the front row cheering this extremist religious fanatic on. (link below)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michelangelo-signorile/post_10496_b_8544540.html

I hardly think anyone is going to feel the love for Ted shedding his crock tears over this Orlando tragedy.
We all know Ted probably had a major part in this.
A major part in this tragedy by egging on those that would carry out such an act against Gays. A major part in this by demonizing Gays. A major part in this by refusing to support laws protecting Gays from hate.
No.... don't let these damn republicans twist this onto the liberals or progressives like president Obama or Hillary Clinton.
This si not necessarily ISIS nor Muslim.
THIS is in fact 99.999% TED CRUZ owner and operated.
And every damn republican that shares Ted's distaste for the LGBT community.
THERE is your blame.

I thought Ted Cruz was just sick because he wanted to be loved by his father. Everybody wants that. It's the price some of us have to pay......

Why wouldn't his story just make you weep? Could it be that you hate him because he did what you did?

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Can we both agree that both sides are using this (and other tragedies) to push their individual political agendas?

Oct 16, 1999
Sure, that way we can stop at an equivalence instead of delving into the substance of those agendas and seeing just how nonequivalent they are. You missed your calling, you should be in journalism.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Sure, that way we can stop at an equivalence instead of delving into the substance of those agendas and seeing just how nonequivalent they are. You missed your calling, you should be in journalism.

I want us to discuss the potential decisions that will result from those agendas.

I want us to discuss them individually based on their merits.

I do not want politics to obfuscate those merits.

I am not a politician. I am a citizen. I have to live with the decisions of politicians. Those decisions will be made regardless of how much we here discuss the politics behind their agendas.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I am not a Ted Cruz supporter but I think he gets it......
When will this senseless killing stop??

http://www.businessinsider.com/ted-cruz-statement-orlando-shooting-2016-6

Ted Cruz forcefully blasted Democrats in a strong Sunday statement on the deadly terror attack at an LGBTQ nightclub in Orlando earlier Sunday morning.

"The next few days will be sadly predictable," the Texas senator said in the statement. "Democrats will try to use this attack to change the subject. As a matter of rigid ideology, far too many Democrats - from Barack Obama to Hillary Clinton - will refuse to utter the words 'radical Islamic terrorism.'"

"They will claim this attack, like they claimed every previous attack, was isolated and had nothing to do with the vicious Islamist theology that is daily waging war on us across the globe," the Republican, who made an unsuccessful bid at his party's presidential nomination, continued. "And they will try to exploit this terror attack to undermine the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms of law-abiding Americans."

Cruz said "enough is enough" and called for Democrats and Republicans to join forces, "abandon political correctness," and defeat jihadists.

He later addressed pro-LGBTQ rights Democrats:

For all the Democrats who are loud champions of the gay and lesbian community whenever there is a culture battle waging, now is the opportunity to speak out against an ideology that calls for the murder of gays and lesbians.

ISIS and the theocracy in Iran (supported with American taxpayer dollars) regularly murder homosexuals, throwing them from buildings and burying them under rocks. This is wrong, it is evil, and we must all stand against it. Every human being has a right to live according to his or her faith and conscience, and nobody has a right to murder someone who doesn't share their faith or sexual orientation.

If you're a Democratic politician and you really want to stand for LGBT, show real courage and stand up against the vicious ideology that has targeted our fellow Americans for murder.

50 people were killed at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando after a gunman, identified by law-enforcement as 29-year-old Omar Saddiqui Mateen, opened fire inside the club during the early morning hours on Sunday.

Mateen, from Fort Pierce, Florida, was on an FBI list of suspected ISIS sympathizers, according to US officials. He called 911 and pledged allegiance to ISIS during the attack. Mateen was born in the US. His parents immigrated from Afghanistan.

The ISIS-affiliated news agency, Amaq News, claimed responsibility for the attack on Sunday. The agency said the shooting was the work of "a soldier of the caliphate," multiple media outlets have reported. It was unclear whether the group had been in contact with Mateen prior to his attack.

"Our nation is at war," Cruz wrote.

Blame others for what you also do, huh Mr. Cruz? Nothing new for you.

edit: Cruz forgot to emphasize our President's middle name, shame on you for an incompetent rabble rouser!

Last edited:

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Oops

"Ted Cruz spoke at a Christian conference in November where a pastor advocated forcefully for the executive of gays and lesbians – and then cheerfully introduced the Texas senator."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...or-introduced-just-calling-gays-EXECUTED.html

Edit: just noticed that the Mail spelled executed as executive. I'm leaving the quote as I found it.

Islam has every other religion soundly beaten in its level of hatred for gays, and in its propensity to act on it.

It's time liberals admit that. That's why it's important for Obama to attach the "Islamic" name to this terrorism.