Did Someone Win American Idol Today?

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Wife watches it, which means I hear about it...

Kelly and Justin sang a couple songs, and now we vote for the winner to be announced on a 2 hour special tomorrow nite

Smolek

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
i think they let people go on wednesday leading me to think it would happen tomorrow, but am not positive.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Yeah, the winner will be announced tomorrow night..

Why it takes an hour to announce who won is beyond me, but whatever. I guess the Gap and Old Navy need a place to advertise.

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Joemonkey
Wife watches it, which means I hear about it...

Kelly and Justin sang a couple songs, and now we vote for the winner to be announced on a 2 hour special tomorrow nite

Damn they just keep draggin' this damn thing on, I don't watch it either, I just wanted to know who won since I see those two everywhere (talk shows, award shows, etc). How can the show get longer when it becomes less and less contestants? :p

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Numbers for them...lines are open for another hour I think.
1866-IDOLS-01 for Justin
1866-IDOLS-02 for Kelly

Kelly OwnZ joo!!

Dark4ng3l

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2000
Thay guy is horrible(he has talent but the songs he sings ttaly kills his positives) I mean almost everyone on there was better than him, but he has more potential to sell stupid cd's(boybands and stuff like that sell hmmmm) so thy'll rig it for him to win, it's obvious.

LOWDRAG

Oct 17, 2000
I hate to admit it but I watched the show with the wife tonight for the first time.....

The guy win's the Cartoon Hairdo of the Year Award

The girl ? Kelly - Beat his arse tonight IMO

I'm more brutha (being white irish, from boston) than that African American Judge - no disrespect intended.....

Paul Abdul - now we know why she made sexy video's back in the day..... She dumb as a stump

Simon - hit the nail on the head , he said the Girl won.....what's everyone hate him for , he's right (or was tonight)

Now I have to watch tomorrow night... god I need a life stat.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Kelly is sexy, Justin is ugly. My vote goes to Justin.

at least if kelly loses, she'll probably end up posing in playboy or something. isn't that always what happens to people on these shows? (survivor, etc)

BigJohnKC

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
Winner announced tonight at 9/8 central. It's a two hour special with performances by both finalists plus a medley from all the top ten finalists, I believe. Should be great. :D

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: BigJohnKC
Winner announced tonight at 9/8 central. It's a two hour special with performances by both finalists plus a medley from all the top ten finalists, I believe. Should be great. :D

the decline of america.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by: iamwiz82

the decline of america.

Nah.. The decline of america is due to the idiots who watch shows like Survivor, Big Brother, The Mole, Temptation Island, Bachlorettes in Alaska, The Bachelor, etc.

American Idol at least showcases young TALENTED individuals, and is giving them the exposure that they deserve. The people who were on the aforementioned shows had zero talent, and were gone as soon as the show went off the air (thank god). At least the people on American Idol (the contestants anyways) have a talent. They are being rewarded for being talented, unlike all of the other "reality" shows that people (you know who you are) can't get enough of.

BigJohnKC

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
Originally posted by: iamwiz82

the decline of america.

heh...well, we're still the best country in the world ;)