Question Did somebody remember this great cooler from vantec

RFC Rudel

Oct 19, 2005
Flex support, oriented, 3 speeds, is old design but kill the chipset coolers..........you just buy this one, are great for specific cooling, I don't know why don't mead similar today
IMG_20221023_195015460.jpgIMG_20221023_195032464.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Sam25

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Oh I do remember... This is the Antec Spot Cool!

I had two of these back in the day. You could adjust the fan (inside the circular grid) as well as the gooseneck to any direction you wanted. Very nifty thing to have inside a PC case for direct, focused cooling. The end of the gooseneck could be fitted to a motherboard screw and tightened. Last one I actually bought from Amazon (India) in the year 2017.

Sadly Antec doesn't make them anymore I think. Completely unavailable now that I checked online.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
They also had fans that inserted in PCI slots. XD

they come in RGB now... lol

I don't know why don't mead similar today

Because they date from a time period where case manufactures did not care about ventilation.

Now if we get a poor case, Gamers Nexus is capping all over it, saying how its a Sauna and not a case, and the case wont do well. (good thing for us)

So most cases today, have proper ventilation, and most board makers now have learned how to keep a board in check within acceptable ranges as long as ambient are held.
So unless you running a passive or near silent case, most cases today, do not have ventilation issues the cases of yesterday had.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Of all the price hikes I've seen with PC hardware, RGB fans are unquestionably No.1 (shock value). 2 fans for $80, 3 fans for $110, etc. RGB fan reviews on YouTube! It's like people lost their minds.