Did she really say that out loud? A Sharron Angle Thread...

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Sharron Angle makes Rand Paul look like a polished campaigner. Facing questions about why she declines so many interviews:
"We needed to have the press be our friend," Angle said in the Sunday interview that, Angle's campaign said, was done shortly after the June 8 Nevada GOP primary.
The interviewer then asked if Angle was being "naïve."
As part of her response, Angle said: "We wanted them [the press] to ask the questions we want to answer. So that they report the news the way we want it to be reported."
Angle went on to say she would like to use the media to raise campaign funds.
CNN story link

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
She's just telling the truth about that, about what she wants. She's just not nearly as adept as other repubs at manipulating the press, that's all... Maybe Carl Rove will agree to be her mentor, except it's a little late for that...

Jun 26, 2007
Post deleted, you'll either read about it later or it will be information that you should not have in the first place.

Last edited:

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
There are two wars going on, the Israeli forces are on the border of Egypt and rockets have been fired from Egypt into Isreal, Lebanon and Jordan.
THIS is more important?
Christ...
Lighten up, John. Representative Angle is the Tea Party favorite that may knock our current Senate Majority Leader out of office.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
She's insane. The question is: Is she better than Reid? Given that the Democrats have such a huge majority with no counter-balance on the executive side, I'm going to say yes. Assuming something better comes along I'll cheer her kicking to the curb next election.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Lighten up, John. Representative Angle is the Tea Party favorite that may knock our current Senate Majority Leader out of office.

Only in the most fevered dreams of the rightwing. I'll take Harry Reid, give 9 points. She doesn't have a prayer, a chance of a snowball in hell or a baby pig tossed into a pool of hungry crocodiles...

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Only in the most fevered dreams of the rightwing. I'll take Harry Reid, give 9 points. She doesn't have a prayer, a chance of a snowball in hell or a baby pig tossed into a pool of hungry crocodiles...
Never underestimate the gullibility of the American voter.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Irish scott merely repeats one of the rightwing mantras about the Huge! I tell you Huge! Democratic majority in congress... something that a mere 41 Republican Senators seem to have no trouble stopping at all... The party of NO!

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Just another weak political wannabe who's afraid the real issues are too tough to even discuss. One who thinks issues are not as important as ideology. One who would tell potential constituents not to worry about what she will do, just trust her.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Irish scott merely repeats one of the rightwing mantras about the Huge! I tell you Huge! Democratic majority in congress... something that a mere 41 Republican Senators seem to have no trouble stopping at all... The party of NO!

Quite the opposite in fact. I see Democrats in control of the Legislative and Executive branches. I also see elections going down around the country, and unlike more than a few on this board I don't see the Republicans pulling a massive comeback. IMHO the Democrats will remain in control come fall elections, but the less that control the better as long as a Democrat remains in the White House. Our system is partially based on balance. The only thing keeping the balance now is a semi-conservative supreme court. I prefer a little more redundancy.

If Republicans and Democrats were reversed I'd be saying the same thing reversed. Only I'd be getting bashed by Spidey and Patranus as opposed to you and Perknose. :rolleyes:

Oh, and way to go perknose. You just quoted me out of context not unlike the author of Casiotech's conspiracy documentary. Such illustrious company you keep. :)

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Irish scott merely repeats one of the rightwing mantras about the Huge! I tell you Huge! Democratic majority in congress... something that a mere 41 Republican Senators seem to have no trouble stopping at all... The party of NO!.

All it takes is 51 percent to change rules... I personally like minority having some voice. Liked it when 36 right wing corporatist judges were blocked - would have liked it had abomination of HC bill sank like it should have.

What's up with the percentile sign?

Last edited:

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
You are either a blind partisan hack or every bit as insane as Angle.

THIS!

All the Republicans had to do was put up a regular joe/jane that was not crazy and just repeat what the GOP told them to say and they win by a landslide in NV. Instead they put Angle up and have gone form a landslide to polls showing a tie or Reid with a very small lead.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I don't know much of anything about Angle, whether she's a nutjob or not. Based on the quote in the OP, I'd say she was <gasp> being honest. I know, that's just not expected in politics, and it's often not a good way to get elected, but she just said what everyone thinks.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Well, her "don't say anything" approach seems to be working: she went from down 7-10 points a few weeks ago to polling even with Reid earlier this week.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
She's insane. The question is: Is she better than Reid? Given that the Democrats have such a huge majority with no counter-balance on the executive side, I'm going to say yes. Assuming something better comes along I'll cheer her kicking to the curb next election.

A rotting dead rat in a flaming box would be better than Reid. The jury's still out on Angle.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Look for the spread to increase as the election approaches. Why? Because Angle has little in the way of accomplishments, and *No Message* beyond inchoate discontent.
If she continues to hide from the press and can fake a credible reason to dodge a debate with Senator Reid...

Never underestimate the gullibility of the American voter.