Did Sept 11, 2001 make you forget about Sept 10, 2001?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

event8horizon

Nov 15, 2007
well, my last post got deleted by common courtsey even though i said this is the conspiracy concerning the 2.3 trillion and did not present it as fact. now i will just give u an overview of dov zakheim:
He was then appointed to be Undersecretary of Defense and Comptroller from 2001 to 2004 under the George W. Bush administration, and served in this capacity until April 2004. During his term as Comptroller, he was tasked to help track down the Pentagon's 2.6 trillion dollars ($2,600,000,000,000) worth of unaccounted transactions [1]. He initiated a number of processes that led to the reduction of that sum by two-thirds by the time of his departure [2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dov_Zakheim

Dov S. Zakheim is a former official of the United States government.

Zakheim earned his bachelor's degree in government from Columbia University in 1970, and his doctorate in economics and politics at St. Antony's College, Oxford University. He has been an adjunct professor at the National War College, Yeshiva University, Columbia University and Trinity College, where he was presidential scholar.

He served in various Department of Defense posts during the Reagan administration, including Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Planning and Resources from 1985 to 1987. As an Orthodox Jew, he gained notoriety for his involvement in ending the Israeli fighter program, the IAI Lavi. He argued that Israeli and U.S. interests would be best served by having Israel purchase F-16 fighters, rather than investing in an entirely new aircraft.

During the 2000 U.S. Presidential election campaign, Zakheim served as a foreign policy advisor to George W. Bush as part of a group led by Condoleezza Rice that called itself The Vulcans.

From 1987-2001, Zakheim was CEO of SPC International, a subsidiary of System Planning Corporation, a high-technology analytical firm. During that period he served as a consultant to the Office of the Secretary of Defense, and sat on a number of major DoD panels, including its Task Force on Defense Reform (1997) and the DoD's first Board of Visitors of Overseas Regional Centers (1998-2001).

Zakheim is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, the International Institute for Strategic Studies, and the United States Naval Institute, and a member of the editorial board of the journal The National Interest. He is a three-time recipient of the Department of Defense's highest civilian award, the Distinguished Public Service Medal, as well as other awards for government and community service. He was also a member of the controversial conservative think tank, Project for the New American Century, "a neoconservative organization supporting greater American militarization, challenging hostile governments, advancing democratic and economic freedom."

He was an Adjunct Scholar of the Heritage Foundation, a Senior Associate at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, and published over 200 articles and monographs on defense issues.

He was then appointed to be Undersecretary of Defense and Comptroller from 2001 to 2004 under the George W. Bush administration, and served in this capacity until April 2004. During his term as Comptroller, he was tasked to help track down the Pentagon's 2.6 trillion dollars ($2,600,000,000,000) worth of unaccounted transactions [1]. He initiated a number of processes that led to the reduction of that sum by two-thirds by the time of his departure [2]

He is currently a Vice President of Booz Allen Hamilton.

it would be wise for anyone interested to research this man some more.

OokiiNeko

Jun 14, 2003
I remember right after 9/11, lots of people were talking about how Israel must have been involved, or that 'no Jews' went to work that day.

The American Muslim religious guy that "no Jews" comment is attributed to, actually said "no Israeli Jews". He has repeatedly stated that he was misquoted.

And I never have seen a detailed list of who just happened to be not at work on that tragic day. But that would require real journalism.

Delta6Echo

Jun 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Evan Lieb
bamacre, I just debunked it, no link is necessary. Search CIA or NSA on wikipedia, they alone account for at least $100B in unreported, classified expenditures.

Though actually, ProfJohn's post probably explains this better than I did, as it's just as likely that the government didn't keep good records, not that 2.3T was stolen/ That assertion is beyond asinine, as the DoD itself last fiscal year made just under $500B, so as ProfJohn said, they would have had to have been pilfering the coffers for about 5 years. How likely is that? Read; as near 100% unlikely as it gets.

Btw, again, insinuating that 9/11 was an inside job that as you put it "coincidently" occurred after this 2.3T dollar revelation is exactly why the Paul bots in this forum are ridiculed. It does you no good and isn't based in reality, much like Paul's own economic policies.

What exactly did you debunk? All you said was that the government didn't keep good enough records. So now our government is incapable of collecting/storing data properly? I'm sorry but that still concerns me quite a bit.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: bamacre
I find it difficult to believe that Rumsfeld would announce such a thing without doing some homework.
That's not hard to believe, look what he did with Iraq.

i'm honestly amazed that people will accuse our government of the highest levels of incompetence and then turn around and accuse our government of some of the highest levels of plotting and coordination ever devised.

It's the same people who like high taxes, then giving us back our own money later to stimulate the economy is not hypocracy.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: EXman
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I find it difficult to believe that Rumsfeld would announce such a thing without doing some homework.
That's not hard to believe, look what he did with Iraq.

i'm honestly amazed that people will accuse our government of the highest levels of incompetence and then turn around and accuse our government of some of the highest levels of plotting and coordination ever devised.

It's the same people who like high taxes, then giving us back our own money later to stimulate the economy is not hypocracy.
Which neither bamacre or I can be accused of.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I think that particular scandal went the way of Gary Condit... as far as the media is concerned, it doesn't exist anymore...

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Well, I was in the Navy for a little while and I'd like to share something many of you may already know:
Those F-18's are NOT worth 40 million a piece. Just ask anyone who's actually had to work on them for a living. They need an inordiate amount of upkeep, the parts are way overpriced, the things are relatively unreliable. Anybody that sees those things on a daily basis will tell you we got screwed, and that includes the civilian contractors who built the friggin things.

And yes, we still pay 50 bucks for a hammer, 1 dollar for a nail, and every other ridiculous price you've ever heard. That NMCI project from the EDS Corp was a big, fat waste of money too.
We paid WAY too much for crummy computers and rotten computer support. As an example they bought an assload of sorry Lexmark inkjet printers which break at least once a month and have $40 ink cartridges which need replacing every hundred sheets.
My HP laserjet 1000 has 40 dollar toner carts and will print about 2000 pages. Why cant we junk those Lexmarks? Too expensive to buy hundred dollar laser printers.
I know. I was an Electronics Technician on the psuedo navy IT team. It was my job to tell everybody that NMCI would take care of it, just as soon as they had the funds to do so. I guess a hundred million dollars a year just doesnt buy what it used to.

But the F-18's and the new Navy network are only two examples.
We piss away money on everything. I seriously wanted to be a federal employee or government contractor when I got out, but I didnt have the resources to bribe or schmooze the people who do the hiring.

EDIT:
As for the OP, I guess I am one of the few people who is not at all suprised we could throw away that much money, and even less suprised that people would forget.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
You also go on to imply that 9/11 was a cover-up to hide this "stolen" money.

I believe it to be likely that some government officials new about the attacks and let it happen. The "911 timeline" suggests this may have been the case. If you think believing that makes me a "loon," so be it.

nobody is questioning what you believe.......your entitled to be the village idiot if you choose...

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: shortylickens
Well, I was in the Navy for a little while and I'd like to share something many of you may already know:
Those F-18's are NOT worth 40 million a piece. Just ask anyone who's actually had to work on them for a living. They need an inordiate amount of upkeep, the parts are way overpriced, the things are relatively unreliable. Anybody that sees those things on a daily basis will tell you we got screwed, and that includes the civilian contractors who built the friggin things.

And yes, we still pay 50 bucks for a hammer, 1 dollar for a nail, and every other ridiculous price you've ever heard. That NMCI project from the EDS Corp was a big, fat waste of money too.
We paid WAY too much for crummy computers and rotten computer support. As an example they bought an assload of sorry Lexmark inkjet printers which break at least once a month and have $40 ink cartridges which need replacing every hundred sheets.
My HP laserjet 1000 has 40 dollar toner carts and will print about 2000 pages. Why cant we junk those Lexmarks? Too expensive to buy hundred dollar laser printers.
I know. I was an Electronics Technician on the psuedo navy IT team. It was my job to tell everybody that NMCI would take care of it, just as soon as they had the funds to do so. I guess a hundred million dollars a year just doesnt buy what it used to.

But the F-18's and the new Navy network are only two examples.
We piss away money on everything. I seriously wanted to be a federal employee or government contractor when I got out, but I didnt have the resources to bribe or schmooze the people who do the hiring.

EDIT:
As for the OP, I guess I am one of the few people who is not at all suprised we could throw away that much money, and even less suprised that people would forget.

Some senator got rich off of NMCI.

NMCI is inept. There is no doubt about it. The concept is great but there are many commands that perform science and research. I am sorry NMCI just isn't going to work for those commands. This coming from a guy that works using a Mac while developing software for the Navy as a DoD civilian.