Did Romney Actually Say He'd Take Advantage of Hostages or Dead Americans?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Not really, his stance on the hostages and his attitude towards Iran were very well known to Iran and the world. They made sure to return the hostages at his inauguration because they knew what was going to happen if they didn't. He laid the groundwork for their fear and deserves at least some of the credit.

What he was going to do ??

You do know about Iran-Contra ?

What Reagan did was enable the Iranian insurrection claim a victory over us, ie, defeating a sitting President, and at the same time make secret deals to sell them weapons and use the cash to violate the US Constitution by supplying weapons to the Contras.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
I am extremely intelligent, I dont deny that but I dont care about grammar if you guys refuse to listen to my arguments
Respect my arguments and I will respect grammar
Post an argument less atrocious than your grammar and you might earn the respect you crave.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
What he was going to do ??

You do know about Iran-Contra ?

What Reagan did was enable the Iranian insurrection claim a victory over us, ie, defeating a sitting President, and at the same time make secret deals to sell them weapons and use the cash to violate the US Constitution by supplying weapons to the Contras.
Selling arms to the Contras was unlawful, not unconstitutional.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Selling arms to the Contras was unlawful, not unconstitutional.

It may have been treasonous, which would be the only crime mentioned in the Constitution. Not sure if that makes it unconstitutional, explicitly constitutional (as in it was constitutionally criminal), or none of the above.