Did My Monitor Just Die? Weird Color Saturation

Discussion in 'Peripherals' started by hondaf17, Jan 10, 2013.

1. hondaf17

hondaf17 Senior member

In the PC below I run idential Acer 23'' 1080p monitors in Eyefinity. 2 monitors are fine. I turned on the computer this morning and all of a sudden my main monitor's colors are all messed up (see picture). It's like the saturation is destroyed, everything is wrong. I went to work and will check the cables and make sure my video card is seated properly when I get home. Otherwise does anyone have experience with this? Think my monitor just died all of a sudden (it was fine last night). They are only about 14 months old.

Here is a link to the picture:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=EA41D841A8620C9C!5341&authkey=!AHyiH0VC6eDuJvE

Thoughts?

TYIA,

2. computerbuildin

computerbuildin Senior member

Seems really odd, but there's a chance that you can try to reverse it. It shouldn't be dead, but are there menu or navigation buttons on the side, bottom top or wherever on your monitor? If so, most likely a menu one, press it, go to colors, or any category that looks like that, and try to change Gamma. This should "equalize" the colors on that monitor in a way, or contrast, saturation, most of them do a color change. Seeing by the pink, on most monitors ive seen in the menu, the gamma is usually set all the way down or all the way up on those by some kid, that actually does that to the monitor. Extremely easy to change.

3. hondaf17

hondaf17 Senior member

Now all of a sudden it's back to normal without me doing anything....thanks for the response computerbuildin

4. computerbuildin

computerbuildin Senior member

No problem, if it happens though and it sticks like that, as a weird color, keep the color settings in mind. could be a wire or a graphics card problem, who knows. you could also try newer drivers for your GPU(s) as an alternative. Whatever works.