Did my good deed for the day...

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I adopted my last dog -- Sienna -- from the Humane society about 13 months ago today. I was surfing around their website today, and I saw the IDENTICAL clone of my dog, yet it was male, and yet it was already trained and 10 months old, whereas mine is 15 months old. I had a funeral at 2PM, and when I left at 4:15 I flew to the shelter right before closing time. My new dog is at the vet getting a complete check-up and bath, and I can go pick him back up in about an hour. I had to come home and eat, let Sienna out, and then get off my feet for a bit. They are going to love each other! Sienna loves dogs, and it was said this dog LOVES other dogs as well.

Oh, yeah, want to know why the dog was at the shelter? Well he was abandoned as a Puppy, then adopted out when he was 1 1/2 months old. 8 months later the fscking owners bring him back and say they don't have space anymore. What assclowns! They should be beaten about the face with a sake bottle.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Cool :) My dog from the Humane society ran away one week after I got her :( I posted flyers all over the neighborhood, and left pictures of her at all of the animal shelters and haven't heard anything in over a month :(

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Mill
They should be beaten about the face with a sake bottle.
LOL, I have to say that is the first time I've heard that particular phrase.

Anyways, :thumbsup: on the new pooch. Hope your dog enjoys her new playmate. :)

UnatcoAgent

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
:beer: Well Done! I know we don't have to tell you how happy you have made the doggie, kudos!

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: PunDogg
Originally posted by: Liviathan
Nice....pics?!

Get this, my goddamn compact flash reader is at my work. They are using it for our fscking Halloween Haunted house... I will have to go steal it back tommorrow.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
<_-----helped a middle aged black woman change her flat tire....and cut my hand on the tire belts..

<-----needs a tetnus shot

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
They are play-fighting/sniffing for dominance right now. My dog is usually the dominate dog and not easily dominated, but Grissom has about 7-8lbs on her. So far it is a straight up tie. I feel like I owe it to my first dog to let her be dominate since she was first. However, they all know I'm the OG around here!

hop12

Oct 5, 2004
Awesome looking dog. Looks like a short haired version of my shepherd mix. Shepherd mixes are the best!

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I did a good deed today too!

I noticed an attractive woman standing next to me in the crosswalk. When the light turned green, we both crossed as she was looking in my direction. Suddenly this car comes flying out of nowhere through the red light and I shout to her look out. She jumps out of the way of the car and was very grateful.

:cookie: for me :D

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Doggiedog

I noticed an attractive woman standing next to me in the crosswalk. When the light turned green, we both crossed as she was looking in my direction. Suddenly this car comes flying out of nowhere through the red light and I shout to her look out. She jumps out of the way of the car and was very grateful.

And then you woke up and sobbed softly in bed? :laugh:

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
They are getting along great and playing, but they were really keeping me up last night. I finally had to put them both in their crates to get some rest. Right now the new puppy is acting as if he's never had food before in his life. He's woofing down his food and my dog's food. I just hate to leave him alone when I go to work.

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Balt

And then realized I was married! Oh the horror!! ;)

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Balt

And then realized I was married! Oh the horror!! ;)

;)

They are getting along great and playing, but they were really keeping me up last night. I finally had to put them both in their crates to get some rest. Right now the new puppy is acting as if he's never had food before in his life. He's woofing down his food and my dog's food. I just hate to leave him alone when I go to work.

Unfortunately, shelters usually can't afford to feed animals as much as they may need/want. They have to feed a lot of animals with very little funds. He'll probably get over it once he realizes there's no shortage of food in your house.

ViperSSD

Dec 5, 2000
thats great, most people only want to adopt young puppies and usually look past the more grown up dogs at the pound. my brother adopted a ~3 yr old cat from the pound about 2 months ago that just happened to be pregnant which was unknown to everyone till he took her to the vet. luckily, my parents are adopting two of them and my brother has decided to hang on to the other two so they will all have good homes.

here are some pics of them as they were born about 3 weeks ago Pics

MisfitsFiend

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2001
You have choosen
ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/adopt_adoptform_part1.asp, line 51

How about another pic?