Did Joe Gibbs concede victory to New England?

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
He said in his press conference that "we will struggle next week and if anyone here has a gameplan on how to beat the Pats please leave it here with me"

I know NE is far superior to the Redskins and they will probably crush them by 20 or more points, but as a player for the Skins do you really want to hear your coach conceding a victory to your upcoming opponent???

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
Pain is coming their way.... lots and lots of pain....

Is "Pain" the new line of mobility scooter the Pats* linebacking corps are using now?

:D

edit: I'm surprised Gibbs said that. Even if you know you're gonna get rolled on (and they will), you don't say it outright like that. Sheesh, have some pride and confidence in your team.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
I know and easy for us as fans to say, but for the head coach of the opposing team? I think thats horrible

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Perhaps a good strategy is to get the Pats to look beyond the Redskins to the next game, then catch them with their guard down? The game could be an upset!

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Perhaps a good strategy is to get the Pats to look beyond the Redskins to the next game, then catch them with their guard down? The game could be an upset!

Nice way of thinking, but Bill would never let the Pats look ahead to anything.

And even if they looked ahead 4 games, thye would handily beat the Skins...

No way this is gonna be an upset.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: akshatp
He said in his press conference that "we will struggle next week and if anyone here has a gameplan on how to beat the Pats please leave it here with me"

I know NE is far superior to the Redskins and they will probably crush them by 20 or more points, but as a player for the Skins do you really want to hear your coach conceding a victory to your upcoming opponent???

He's just borrowing a page from Lou Holtz's book. ;)

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Maybe his strategy is to catch the Pats off guard by saying that his team is going to get rolled and then bust out their best week ever.

Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Pats will most likely end the season 15-1 with only loss at Indianapolis.

Indy should go 16-0 and easily win the Superbowl again.

Unfortunately I think it will be the other way around. The Colts are sloppy this year and are giving up too many points to teams that are easier to beat than the Pats will be.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

Or Don Nelson's!

Chryso

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2004
He is a realist and he is challenging his team by saying they will struggle.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
On paper it looks as if the patriots will not lose a game this season...

Luckily we all know that games are not played on paper... they are played inside television sets.

slsmnaz

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

Exactly but I hope he said it with less spittle. It's just coach speak

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Coach Gibbs doesn't concede victory to anyone. I'm not a Redskins fan (not really much of an NFL fan at all) but Gibbs is a damn fine coach and I think the Redskins will give the Pats all they can handle.

Oct 11, 2007
Being a Ravens fan I am very dissapointed in them.

I was gonna go to the Ravens/Pats game but i don't wanna pay through the nose to see the Ravens get their asses handed to them.