Did isreal Attack gaza on nov 4th?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: smack Down
Originally posted by: Mxylplyx
Originally posted by: SandEagle
Originally posted by: Gand1
Originally posted by: smack Down
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01
i'm not trying to debate the issue. I'm just trying to understand more about it. I am far enough away from this thing that i don't want to take any sides. There are enough people on either side of this. I'm just asking. Oh and the bolded quote is from a Palestinian paper so yes I'm sure that part is biased. But the article also quotes a Israeli paper.

Both sides have been going at it, yeah we get that. Do you want this bloodbath to continue indefinitely, or do you want to see it stopped by one side surrendering - and if so, who should be forced to surrender and meet the other side's conditions?

If you want to try and claim both sides should, and no war should be allowed to conclude - then you'll only guarantee that this bloodbath continues well into then next decade. THEN how many lives do you think will be lost? Better to finish the job and to never have to return.

Israel is the one that has to stop the violence Gaza has already been defeated they can't surrender.

Tell that to the fucktards who insist on continuing the rocket launches.

I don't recall Great Britain showing such force to the Irish when the IRA insisted on continuously bombing civilian locations. There was much more casualties suffered there than in Israel. In any case, both sides need to lighten up and talk it out. It's getting out of hand....

It has been proven time and time again that Israel has no reliable partner at the negotiating table, so talking does nothing. An agreement with Hamas arent worth the paper it's written on, especially when Hamas' main charter calls on the destruction of Israel.

No shit Israel keeps bombing any partner. And Israel has called for the destruction of Hamas I guess they are equal.
When your "partner" stabs you in the back the moment they leave the table, why should they be trusted.

Hamas has brought this upon thmeselves - their leadership will not even stand with the people that they represent, they hide out in Syria.

They are extremely lucky the Mossad has not turned loose the assination squads.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy
When your "partner" stabs you in the back the moment they leave the table, why should they be trusted.
Being colonized by Israel has been a source of constant stabbing in the face for the Palestinians since the begining, and continues today. How much longer do you want to see it go on?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: TheSnowman
Being colonized by Israel has been a source of constant stabbing in the face for the Palestinians since the begining, and continues today. How much longer do you want to see it go on?

As you have stated and I have agreed; as soon as the Pal leadership starts to come to the understanding that they are not going to get rid of Israel and show that they are sincere about living together.

Israel is two thorns - West Bank and existance.
The West Bank can be resolved when the understanding/acceptance of the existance issue is addressed.

Jun 26, 2007

As you have stated and I have agreed; as soon as the Pal leadership starts to come to the understanding that they are not going to get rid of Israel and show that they are sincere about living together.

Israel is two thorns - West Bank and existance.
The West Bank can be resolved when the understanding/acceptance of the existance issue is addressed.

And this is the bottom line.

It's not going to happen though, because Hamas has stated that they won't take any responsibility for the rockets that were raining down by the hundreds a week.

There are so many different groups and Al Aqsa for one won't stop until there is no one left, they are like the Talibans of palestine.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000

I have stated that Israel's ongoing colonization of the West Bank is actively undermining the possibility of the Palestinians ever realizing their right to a sovereign nation. Until that colonization is stopped, Israel isn't being sincere about ever living as neighboring nations with Palestine.

Are you denying that?

Jun 26, 2007

I have stated that Israel's ongoing colonization of the West Bank is actively undermining the possibility of the Palestinians ever realizing their right to a sovereign nation. Until that colonization is stopped, Israel isn't being sincere about ever living as neighboring nations with Palestine.

Are you denying that?

I'm going to have to tell you what ANYONE who knows SHIT about this situation will tell you... It has nothing to do with the West Bank, nothing what so ever, nada, neme, zilch, NOTHING.

But thank you for trying to derail the thread, better luck next time you stupid fuck.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
I honestly do not believe this conflict will ever end unless one side, or both, gets expelled/evicted from the entire area. My money is on the Palestinians eventually getting the boot... but, I could be wrong.

Until that happens, even if Israel concedes all of the "occupied" territories, there will always be a very large international element that encourages, funds, and executes low-level attacks against Israel's perimeter and soft targets (civilians).

If Israel expels every last Palestinian to Syria and beyond, perhaps we'll see peace during our lifetime... until that day, or until the Israelis are all pushed into the sea, there will be war...

sad, but true.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
I'm going to have to tell you what ANYONE who knows SHIT about this situation will tell you... It has nothing to do with the West Bank, nothing what so ever, nada, neme, zilch, NOTHING.

But thank you for trying to derail the thread, better luck next time you stupid fuck.
Please, tell me, I am ready to learn.

If your homeland was being colonized by a foreign Ethnic Nationalist state under force of military occupation, actively undermining the possibility of your nation realizing its right to a sovereignty, how could you ever expect to live in peace with that state?

Jun 26, 2007

Please, tell me, I am ready to learn.

If your homeland was being colonized by a foreign Ethnic Nationalist state under force of military occupation, actively undermining the possibility of your nation realizing its right to a sovereignty, how could you ever expect to live in peace with that state?

Well, your question has nothing to do with my reply to your idiotic statement that this was about the west bank (and i truly mean that that is extremely stupid).

So Mexico doesn't like your occupation of the southern states, they fire rockets at civilians, about 100 a week, during a cease fire agreement, the cease fire agreement expires and now they are firing about 100 rockets a day at civilian population.

What do you do?

Actually that's not really a fair illustration, lets say you gave up California, size for land that is about what Israel gave up when they left Gaza, now they are using that area to hurt more people, the Mexican governments words are clear "we will continue until every American is dead and all of their wrongfully taken land is ours"

That's more like it.

Of course, you wouldn't mind that at all, would you.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Actually that's not really a fair illustration, lets say you gave up California, size for land that is about what Israel gave up when they left Gaza, now they are using that area to hurt more people, the Mexican governments words are clear "we will continue until every American is dead and all of their wrongfully taken land is ours"

That's more like it.

Of course, you wouldn't mind that at all, would you.
In the case of your example I would be right at the front line.

However, where is the Palestinian's Mexico in this? They have Gaza, which Is California in your example, but the West Bank is still being colonized under force of military occupation. Were we giving back California while colonizing whatever we chose to in the rest of Mexico, actively undermining any possibility of Mexican sovereignty, I would want no part in that.