Did Iran shoot down the airliner?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
i like how Boeings reputation is so shot (pardon the pun) that the first thing everyone went to was the plane was shit. lmao.

Reactions: Bitek

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
But was it an action by the state? Not sure of the why? I mean it's a known commercial flight path.

Nov 17, 2019
Discussion elsewhere is accidental. Bad timing in relation to their launch of 22 or whatever.

And my personal speculation unfounded in any way .....

They realized it right away and stopped further launches. Their 'standing down' had nothing to do with anything other than a big giant OOOPPSS!!!!.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So the folks that supplied the missile tech that killed those hundred plus victims and the missile crew that shot down that civilian aircraft are going to be prosecuted and punished right? And the families and loved ones of the victims are going to be compensated for their loss too, right?

In addition those forensics folks who are investigating this probable shootdown are going to be facing bribes, threats and other sundry inducements in order to hide who was responsible while those responsible are of course going to be entrenched in a bunker-o-denial.

Methinks nobody is going to pay any damn thing for killing those innocents.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If it turns out to be an accidental shooting Trump is equally responsible as Iran. Americans were killed on that flight

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
I was watching FlightRadar24 and airspace was normal for the time so I figured the Iranian missile launch was simply face saving and that there would be no US response. Otherwise, I made the assumption US would clear the skies if in fact a retaliation would take place.

So yes, this certainly appears to be a tragic accident. Probably why Iran would not hand over the CVR, at least at first.

Nov 17, 2019
I was watching FlightRadar24 and airspace was normal for the time so I figured the Iranian missile launch was simply face saving and that there would be no US response. Otherwise, I made the assumption US would clear the skies if in fact a retaliation would take place.

So yes, this certainly appears to be a tragic accident. Probably why Iran would not hand over the CVR, at least at first.

I recall that somebody some where (maybe here) posted a NOTAM to avoid the area, but I don't know if it was before, during or after, or if it applied to Ukranian flights.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
So the folks that supplied the missile tech that killed those hundred plus victims and the missile crew that shot down that civilian aircraft are going to be prosecuted and punished right? And the families and loved ones of the victims are going to be compensated for their loss too, right?

In addition those forensics folks who are investigating this probable shootdown are going to be facing bribes, threats and other sundry inducements in order to hide who was responsible while those responsible are of course going to be entrenched in a bunker-o-denial.

Methinks nobody is going to pay any damn thing for killing those innocents.

Dude, stocks are up.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So let me understand this.

Trump was spilling the beans to donors and Lindsay Graham about Iran in advance but this corrupt, inept administration didn't assure airspace would be cleared?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
Net.

It was Russia.

Russia would love a US/Iran war. They can then take over Iran entirely for themselves. Or, prop-up/support Iran and ergo own them forever and ever.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
I recall that somebody some where (maybe here) posted a NOTAM to avoid the area, but I don't know if it was before, during or after, or if it applied to Ukranian flights.
That was me Lost and then when I double checked, it had been issued in June 2019. I did post a correction.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

You know, i'd be very f'n hesitant to hand over anything to the party that just assassinated one of your high ranking government officials.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
So let me understand this.

Trump was spilling the beans to donors and Lindsay Graham about Iran in advance but this corrupt, inept administration didn't assure airspace would be cleared?
There was no reason for the US to clear airspace if we were not going to be conducting combat missions - which we did not that day when Iran launched the missiles. That is why I said my suspicion was the US would not be retaliating at that time which proved to be correct.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
You know, i'd be very f'n hesitant to hand over anything to the party that just assassinated one of your high ranking government officials.
There are plenty of other countries/organizations they could hand it over to if it were mechanical failure.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
I did not indicate to whom the Iranians would not hand over the CVR or FDR even. I would presume they would either make the data public to investigators or hand it over to Ukraine. Not sure the protocol, but the data is typically made available is my understanding. Though perhaps not everything to the public at large but certainly the findings once the investigation is complete.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If it turns out to be an accidental shooting Trump is equally responsible as Iran. Americans were killed on that flight

Well yes--it's entirely a situation that Trump, and only Trump created. These are the things you expect to happen when pondering the type of decision that was put in front of Trump (rather--that he specifically requested in order to do a bit of wagging--this will never be in dispute). This is exactly the collateral damage that happens when you force an opponent to test their own security measures. It doesn't dispel blame from them, of course, but they were forced into an impossible situation with little wiggle room. It's fucking horrible and tragic, but of course it was a situation in time that only Trump is responsible for.