did i screw up?

JeannaDawn

Nov 20, 2002
Hello everyone :) Here's the deal - I didn't want to have to buy a motherboard with onboard video, but I'm on a limited budget - so I went cruising around Ebay to see if I could find a video card within my price range. Well, I found one alright, and I won it. The problem is, I was a dumb@ss and didn't read reviews until AFTER I had bought it. The reviews on it are horrible, but they are written from the perspective a person who does a lot of 3D gaming. I don't game at all. However, 2D graphic perfomance is very important to me (for photoshop 7.0). The card is a Radeon 7000 32mb DDR. It was very inexpensive, even less than I could find it for on pricewatch - and it is new in the retail box/never been opened. So, did I mess up or what?? I suppose I could always put it back on Ebay, myself, if necessary. Someone tell me what you think, please!! Thanks :)

-jeanna

zsouthboy

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2001
It will be fine for your needs. Great 2d btw, and if you ever decide to play games you MIGHT be able to do a little low-res gaming.

How much did you pay for it, may i ask?

JeannaDawn

Nov 20, 2002
zsouthboy - thanks for your reply! ;) I doubt I'll ever want to game, i get frustrated WAY to easy with it (I'm a sore loser... heheh). Anyhow, the card was $26 including the shipping/insurance charges. Thanks again!

-jeanna

zsouthboy

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2001
Wow, thats a great deal. :)

I'm a sore loser too... so i just play against people that suck/bots that suck. ROFL.

alexruiz

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2001
The card is fine for light gaming...

By the way, welcome to the forums :)

Alex

bikinistud

May 31, 2002
I have the, almost, exact card and it does about any game (except UT 2003) pretty good at 800x600 sometimes even 1024x768. But if your not a gamer (I'm a pretty light gamer) then you will love it! And for that price you can't go too far wrong.