Did I pick a good 19" LCD screen?

KhoiFather

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2002
I bought a Viewsonic VX910 19" LCD screen from best buy today for $599. It was $699 with a $100 rebate so that was pretty sweet.

ROJAS

Oct 9, 1999
Viewsonic company has always delivered a very good product. Great warranty on their monitors. I imagine the LCD's they are building are very good.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
I've got it and I love it...but there seems to be some confusion whether its 25 ms or 16 ms...I saw it at office depot the other day and they had it listed as 25 ms...while Viewsonic lists it at 16 ms.

Dman877

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2004
Originally posted by: Maverick
I've got it and I love it...but there seems to be some confusion whether its 25 ms or 16 ms...I saw it at office depot the other day and they had it listed as 25 ms...while Viewsonic lists it at 16 ms.

Do you like the monitor for playing games? If so, the response time doesn't matter. I'm perfectly happy playing games on one samsung 25ms panel, but not on another (172N great for gaming, 192N = headache in 3 minutes).

DPO

Aug 23, 2004
I was about to go buy one of these today after work, mainly because a thread in hot deals that said it has 16ms. But looking around the net on the specs, all say 25ms....Been tryin Viewsonics site and it doesny evn come up for me tonight....

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
Viewsonic's site still says 16 ms...I haven't seen any smearing in games so my assumption is that it really is 16 ms. Even says so on the box. I think they're using descriptions for older monitors on most of the sites.

Unless its 16 ms rise, 9 ms fall.

I think we need AT to do a review on this monitor ASAP :)

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Maverick
Viewsonic's site still says 16 ms...I haven't seen any smearing in games so my assumption is that it really is 16 ms. Even says so on the box. I think they're using descriptions for older monitors on most of the sites.

Unless its 16 ms rise, 9 ms fall.

I think we need AT to do a review on this monitor ASAP :)

I agree!!! the numbers can be confusing and for some of us the relevance of the numbers for given uses is even more so.....Come on AT!!!

bjc112

Lifer
Dec 23, 2000
Originally posted by: ROJAS
Viewsonic company has always delivered a very good product. Great warranty on their monitors. I imagine the LCD's they are building are very good.

Bah,

It's only 1 year inside the US.

They make a great monitor, but i still want longer than a year..

CompUSA has a carry in replace which is decent..

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
yeah thats whats confusing...we need someone with industry contacts to do the digging. Where's an AT member when you need one.

DPO

Aug 23, 2004
Now, to make matters worse, & and my buying decission even harder , i went to Best Buy tonight and they say (and the label tag) it's 25 ms....Does anyone actually know for sure? Cause i'd sure like to know before spending that much money...

GnomeCop

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2002
there are VERY few 19" panels with sub 20-25ms response times, the 16ms 19" panels are coming though, there may be 1 or two out already, I havent kept up with it for awhile since I heard they were announced, but chances are the viewsonic is NOT 16ms.

DPO

Aug 23, 2004
Anyone else out there own one of these that knows for sure? I even emailed Viewsonic but have not got a response. Has any one found a review that i cant find on it? i cant find a single one...