Did I just get ripped off??? UPDATED WITH USERNAME/NEW INFO

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Here's some info just incase you got ripped off

Westwood Police Department

Chief of Police
Bradford H Buschow

101 Washington Ave
Westwood, New Jersey 07675
(201)664-7000

also how did you ship ? If you shipped via USPS you can get him with Mail Fraud.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: isekii
Here's some info just incase you got ripped off

Westwood Police Department

Chief of Police
Bradford H Buschow

101 Washington Ave
Westwood, New Jersey 07675
(201)664-7000

also how did you ship ? If you shipped via USPS you can get him with Mail Fraud.

Its good to see fellow ATOT'ers help others out. My compliments to what you're doing and all the other help you guys are giving, for the most part :)

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have seen so many times here posts just like this and some weenies saying something like, dont post his name or nothing, dont ruin his reputation. It is not the poster that caused this problem it is the sleazy shiiit that had not completed his part of the trade. Put the info up and they maybe the pressure to perform will get you your stuff, Leave a neg heatware in either case.
I still think we need some guys called body hunters to take over when the troll hunters cannot resolve a problem.
The guy has not replied to his phone calls or not answered the phone when called, he is a sleazebag, there is no getting around that.

Bleep

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
btw, i'm in NJ also if you need some help on this, altho i'm probably closer to 70 minutes away from westwood.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
also, can we get this moved to the FS/FT forum? it might get more attention there, like it deserves.

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
I bet the guy found someone else who'd give him more money so he ditched your deal and probably already got rid of the laptop. Good thing you cancelled the check.

brunswickite

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
I live in north brunswick, NJ, i bet if we all threaton this bastage he will send the laptop or return the money

Vcize

May 30, 2003
Yeah, definitely wanna say thanks to everyone for all the help that's been offered. I'll keep everyone up to date on what happens :).

Originally posted by: isekii

I shipped via UPS ground.

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
Originally posted by: brunswickite
I live in north brunswick, NJ, i bet if we all threaton this bastage he will send the laptop or return the money

He's up north. I bet he'd sh-t himself if we round up everyone in the tri-state area and knock on his door...

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Kevin
Originally posted by: brunswickite

He's up north. I bet he'd sh-t himself if we round up everyone in the tri-state area and knock on his door...
Before endangering anyone, why don't you ask for the TrollHunters help.

Vcize, if you would like my assistance please send me a private message. Thank you.

Vcize

May 30, 2003
UPDATE 7/29:
Ok, I took all of your advice and stopped the check. A few days ago, I received a notification from UPS that I had a package being shipped to me from New Jersey. However, it wasn't the laptop, it was my Dell.

He claims that he sent it back rather than the laptop because the check was stopped, however:
-he was SUPPOSED to have already sent the laptop, as we agreed to cross-ship.
-he SAID he had sent out the laptop last thursday, the same day I had sent out the dell, yet the dell had arrived in New Jersey on Tuesday, and by Thursday I still did not have the laptop.
-I called him, at least 40 times, on his home phone and cell phone, he never answered, he never returned my messages. Once, I was calling him every couple minutes, and he turned off his ringer to avoid my call.

So, I cancelled the check.

He sent back the dell, never contacted me, nothing. At this point I'm out $60 for shipping on the dell and stopping the check, so I give him a call. Finally he answers a call from me, so we start talking...

I ask him why I don't have a laptop:
he says because you cancelled your check, and then said I didn't hold up my end of the deal.

I told him he sent NOTHING, and thus didn't hold up his end of the deal. He said he was gonna send the laptop when he cashed the check.

I asked him why he TOLD me he HAD ALREADY sent the laptop on the same thursday I sent the dell:
He said he never said that.

I still have the email where he said exactly that, I read it to him and he started spewing off about the check being nothing more than a piece of paper again.

I told him I was out 60 bucks and being that my mom is unemployed, my dad is deceased, and I'm paying for college, I don't have 60 bucks to lose, and my next course of action was legal action. He then threatens me legally, saying I don't wanna do that, because if I don't let this drop he'll hire a lawyer and have me arrested for stopping the check because you can afford to do so and because it is a "federal document," or some nonsense.

Eventually, he hangs up on me. I call him back, he says "I'm recording this call, if you attempt to call me again I'll press charges for harrassment."

And I guess that's that.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that I called his local hospitals to see if they had any record of anyone with his last name having 2 strokes, and they said there was no one there by that name in the last 2 days, so, take that as you will, I suppose he could have been out of the hospital by then, but idk.

Here is his info, AVOID TRADING WITH THIS GUY AT ALL COSTS!!!

Username: aximr
email: Aximr@netscape.net

If someone tries to trade with you under this username/email, don't do it!

bcterps

Platinum Member
Aug 31, 2000
While I agree that you most likely got trolled, I dont believe that it's a good idea to post his personal info. Last time I checked it's against the TOS for these forums to post anyone's personal info without their permission.

Get Trollhunters involved, get the mods involved, and have them add him to the Traders to Avoid list.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: benchiu
While I agree that you most likely got trolled, I dont believe that it's a good idea to post his personal info. Last time I checked it's against the TOS for these forums to post anyone's personal info without their permission.

Get Trollhunters involved, get the mods involved, and have them add him to the Traders to Avoid list.

He's a know troll.
Who cares what he thinks.
This kid isn't in the best of situations monetary wise.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
What an idiot.

I'm glad I've yet to deal with anybody like that.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Eli
What an idiot.

I'm glad I've yet to deal with anybody like that.

Oh yea, I helped this guy find information and numbers on the 3 major local hospitals in this area.
One being closest to him was Pascack Valley Hospital ( located within the town ), then Holy Name then Englewood.

I even did a conference call with him, and all we got were the answering machine.

His ass should be reported to the police and his identity should be known to everyone that's trading.
I hope the mods put his name on the Trolls list.

axelfox

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
If he recorded the phone call without telling you, that might be in violation of wiretapping laws. I'm pretty sure it violates federal law, but you might want to check the laws in your state.