Did I buy the wrong type of Arctic Silver? Can I use large surface, on Duron?

LynLabahn

Oct 9, 2000
Guys,

Some of my stuff arrived today and I realized that I got the arctic silver optomized from large surface areas. I will be using this on a duron, which does not have a large surface area. Is this gonna make a big difference? Should I sell this to someone and get the stuff for smaller surface areas?

Lyn Labahn

Rankor

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2000
The only difference between the two, I believe, is the size of applicator orifice.

How hard is it to apply on a Duron?

I only have a slightly-used tube optimized for small surfaces.

Klosters

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
The only difference between AS Optimised for Small and Large surfaces is the amount of "micronised silver" in the glop. The Small area stuff has ~2-4% more silver in it. In thermal paste, less IS more. A uniform layer on top of the CPU, one one thousandth of an inch thick(1/1000")is ideal. I suggest an Alpha PAL-6035, topped with a Delta 38 cfm fan for an OC'd Duron. Your ears will NOT like it. Your frighteningly hot Duron will love it.

wj

Oct 9, 1999
I purchase the ArcticSilver for large surface for a celeron 533PPGA. Then purchase a celeron II 566 and I'm using the large surface on my FC-Chip.
Works fine. I'm not buying another tube just to get a little more silver in it. :) :)

wj :cool: :cool: