Did Evga send me a bad video card?

TheRyuu

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2005
Now I was having problems with my original 7900GT, and I'm still having trouble with the one they sent me next day air. I thought they tested all the RMA ones they send out?

I'm not really complaining since Evga's support is so dam good, but the 7900GT's seem to have alot of problems.

I know it's not my computer cause I borrowed my friends 7900GT and that works fine with my other one (the one that's not broked) in SLI. What can I try to do to get the card to work?

Problem: It's a weird problem. It's like the monitor is getting a signal but there's no picture. And if I try to enable SLI with both of them it crashes. I read that whiping the whole backside with some alcohol might be able to fix the problem, but normally thats only for people with the vmod who are having trouble.

Should I just contact evga to send a new one, or try and fix it? (without voiding warrenty?)

pol II

Oct 4, 2004
Can you try the card in your friend's computer (since you've ruled your computer out as being a problem)? If its problematic in his comp too, then that would suggest a faulty card.

Cooler

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2005
At curret rate of Problems with 7900GT/GTX it is very likly that your card may be bad.

Ctrackstar126

Jul 14, 2005
Yup and there going to send you one more after that, but that one should be fine...third one is always the charm with GPUs and Motherboards from them.

Still the best company though

TheRyuu

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2005
I thought that they tested all the RMA cards they send out. It's a modified 7900GT SS card. It has 2 OK Passed Test stickers on the back of the card.

Hmm, maby it was damaged in shipping? Cause it arrived DOA.

Edit: And the same thing happened in friends computer too. (with or without SLI)

aberdeen5

Jun 9, 2005
My first EVGA 7900GT had memory problems, the second had a problem with the DVI ports, and my third is fine:)