Did anyone watch the Hot Dog eating contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
1) LOL @ Pepto Bismol sponsorship
2) Zzzzz Chestnut won by a landslide
3) Chestnut talking shit on Kobayashi

So I guess there's some dispute and Kobayashi refused to compete

Perhaps you don't realize that today's contest has been dogged by international controversy. Chestnut's biggest rival, Takeru Kobayashi of Japan, says he will not compete because of a money dispute. He wants to declare himself a free agent from the Major League Eating contract that all of today's competitors must sign.

If all of that doesn't make eating a sport, what does? Although for the record, Chestnut has a different view of the whole thing.

"I think I potentially scared him away," Chestnut said. "And that's a victory in itself."

So Kobayashi's beef is not all-beef?

"It's not legit at all," Chestnut said. "It's the same contract I'm under "... I think he wants to start his own organization. I don't know how much he's asking for, supposedly a ridiculous amount. You know, it's an eating contest. It's about having fun. I hope he changes his mind and decides to man up."

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
My 9 year old daughter just watched it and thought it was the coolest thing she'd ever seen. Granted, she doesn't get to watch much TV and she is the most twisted one in the family.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
you HAVE to sign a contract with major league eating to be a part of the contest? depending on the details that could be pretty lame

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
Seen clips of it in the past, ugh, no thanks watching people scarf food as fast as possible for no real reason.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
1) LOL @ Pepto Bismol sponsorship
2) Zzzzz Chestnut won by a landslide
3) Chestnut talking shit on Kobayashi

So I guess there's some dispute and Kobayashi refused to compete
didnt watch it because Kobayashi didnt compete

My 9 year old daughter just watched it and thought it was the coolest thing she'd ever seen. Granted, she doesn't get to watch much TV and she is the most twisted one in the family.

pic and fone # in 8yrs!

Status
Not open for further replies.