Did anyone pick up Shakira's new album, Fijacion Oral, this week?

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Got it yesterday - the beats aren't bad. I can only pick up choruses, as she just talks too fast for my to understand through most verses.

Cna't wait for this albums english counterpart - although, it will share nothing in common. She wrote basically two albums - some songs in Spanish, and they're appearing on vol. 1. Vol 2 will be released later this year, and will be all in English :)

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I'll check it out on Napster Premium.

All I know is, any new Shakira album is great because that mean's more videos, and more chances to watch her SHAKE THAT ASS!

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
She's hot, but her stuff is too pop-y....

bah - she writes and produces it all. See some of her live performances, she shows some great respect for rock.

yokomo

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2000
WOW all I can say to any of this is WOW? what the heck is going on here? what ever happened to the good old days of ANTHRAX and MEGADEATH? now there was some good listening... this music now days is just to slow for me... just my opinion though and that is what makes all all diffrent I guess..

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
She's hot, but her stuff is too pop-y....

bah - she writes and produces it all. See some of her live performances, she shows some great respect for rock.

Live and on media are too different for her..I bet a live show would be great while her stuff on disc is not my type at all....

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
I'm just listening to her new album..I hadn't actually found it on itunes yet:eek:

It sounds pretty good...nice change for her...and yes, she is still fvking gorgeous.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: yokomo
WOW all I can say to any of this is WOW? what the heck is going on here? what ever happened to the good old days of ANTHRAX and MEGADEATH? now there was some good listening... this music now days is just to slow for me... just my opinion though and that is what makes all all diffrent I guess..

Blah :p

alm99

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2000
Originally posted by: brigden
Originally posted by: Skoorb
LOL, only you would buy that garbage.

Even I won't touch that shite... and I get my brows plucked.

Tell me she is at least nekkid on the inside cover of the album so you had to buy it

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: alm99
Originally posted by: brigden
Originally posted by: Skoorb
LOL, only you would buy that garbage.

Even I won't touch that shite... and I get my brows plucked.

Tell me she is at least nekkid on the inside cover of the album so you had to buy it

that's a funny comment

But I haven't bought the album, instead I downloaded the music video "still sane" with Illdisposed.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
She's released by Sony in Canada, but they use one of the ugliest forms of advertising for her album.

Take two heavy paper posters and staple around lamp posts. It looks like sticking a hotdog bun stuffed with a sausage.

It's just bloody horrible looking when you see this along a city blocks worth of lamp posts.

Screw Sony.