Did Anyone Else See This Commercial?? Funny as H!

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
The one where the snakey guy opens the door of his yellow Vette for a girl who he thinks is interested and a bus tears it off!!!

Only saw it once and dont remember the station or even what it was advertising but it took me so by surprise I LMAO. May have been FNN but dont know.

Help!!

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
it was a satellite commercial...possibly DSS. Very funny commercial.

-=bmacd=-

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Didnt say it was effective, just said it was as funny as heck. Takes you entirely by surprise and I only saw it once so maybe that is why I dont remember what it was for. Anyone remember the ad where the cat sneezes and all its fur flies off??? Like that one.

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Originally posted by: bmacd

-=bmacd=-
Yup. It was a satellite commercial I THINK for Dish network.

My personal favorite commercials right now are the chili-oriented commercials from Sonic (the art museum one is the most current and the older one with the couple shopping for a necklace in a jewelry store.) I miss the Holiday Inn Express commercials. Football season's commercials have been a bit disappointing so far this year. All the major beer manufacturers (especially Coors) seem to be pushing the whole guys partying aspect instead of the humor we've come to expect from beer commercials.

hungrypete

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2000
good one ffm
rolleye.gif

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Funniest I've seen recently is the anti-drug ad where the two kids are in the basement smoking pot and one shoots the other. I was LOL at the, um, overkill of the message.

Ellen Feis is a runner-up though: "bleep bleep bleep bleep . . . unhh?" is a classic.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
hungrypete says "good one" and ffmcobalt takes credit for it??? Hydrogen is funny?? Try Tritium. (h3 if you didnt know, at least glows in the dark or "scintillates"

Boy, you guys have really lowered your standards. That one wouldnt have gotten a laugh or even an acknowledgement a few months ago.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Parrotheader
Originally posted by: bmacd

-=bmacd=-
Yup. It was a satellite commercial I THINK for Dish network.

My personal favorite commercials right now are the chili-oriented commercials from Sonic (the art museum one is the most current and the older one with the couple shopping for a necklace in a jewelry store.) I miss the Holiday Inn Express commercials. Football season's commercials have been a bit disappointing so far this year. All the major beer manufacturers (especially Coors) seem to be pushing the whole guys partying aspect instead of the humor we've come to expect from beer commercials.

Wrong

It's for WideOpenWest Cable The girl is going "WOW"

zzzz

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2000
Originally posted by: thebestMAX
hungrypete says "good one" and ffmcobalt takes credit for it??? Hydrogen is funny?? Try Tritium. (h3 if you didnt know, at least glows in the dark or "scintillates"

Boy, you guys have really lowered your standards. That one wouldnt have gotten a laugh or even an acknowledgement a few months ago.

good one thebestMAX

:)
rolleye.gif