Dick Cheney was against toppling Saddam Hussein before he was for it, AHAHAHAHA IRONY!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
I think Edwards should use Cheney's own words against him, I'm surprised these comments haven't received more airtime on the news channels.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Didn't even read the link I posted, did you, Genx87? Blix said he'd have definitive answers in a few months, something the Bush Admin wasn't going to allow him. Your bit about the UN not lifting sanctions until June is extremely weaselish- the US, the only authority in Iraq because of the Invasion, didn't make the request until that time... and Blix never got to file a final report, either...

And of course you don't put much faith in Blix, just in Bush, whose premises for invasion have all been shown to be utterly fallacious, mere rationalizations for a predetermined and irrational course of action...

Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11

Saddam Hussein had no WMD's, no nuclear program, no operational links to Al Qaeda- and the invasion proved it. The mounting insurgency in Iraq proves the wisdom of GHWB's original decision.

There was no greater reason to invade Iraq in 2003 than there was in 1991, other than that created thru fearmongering and misdirected rage... You've been chumped, and apparently lack the whatever it takes to recognize the truth in that. Denial isn't just a river in Africa...

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Conjur: This has to be an all-time low for you. Using Jon Stewert as your source of information?

Pretty damn sad if you ask me.

Didn't even read the link I posted, did you, Genx87? Blix said he'd have definitive answers in a few months, something the Bush Admin wasn't going to allow him. Your bit about the UN not lifting sanctions until June is extremely weaselish- the US, the only authority in Iraq because of the Invasion, didn't make the request until that time... and Blix never got to file a final report, either...

Really? Is that why this article is dated April 16th of 2003??????

http://www.usatoday.com/news/w...-16-bush-warbill_x.htm

And of course you don't put much faith in Blix, just in Bush, whose premises for invasion have all been shown to be utterly fallacious, mere rationalizations for a predetermined and irrational course of action...

Actually I based my faith on actually doing a little research. Do yourself a favor and review resolutions 687. How 9-11 changed the face of America. And how if you were president of the United States would you defend 300 million civilians.?

Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11

I think through the links I have provided this is abundently clear. Now if you could get your liberal cohorts to finally agree.

There was no greater reason to invade Iraq in 2003 than there was in 1991, other than that created thru fearmongering and misdirected rage... You've been chumped, and apparently lack the whatever it takes to recognize the truth in that. Denial isn't just a river in Africa...

You have a man who has ties to an organization who attacked you. You have a man who has used WMDs in the past on his own people. You have a man who has snubbed his nose at the world community for the past 12 years. You have several nations security agencies telling you he has WMDs. You weigh these things in and what do you do?

Sit back and hope for the best?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Genx87
Conjur: This has to be an all-time low for you. Using Jon Stewert as your source of information?

Pretty damn sad if you ask me.
The videos are of Cheney, Rice, Bush, Rumsfeld in their own words. Not my fault The Daily Show is actually one of the most respected political news shows.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
From the jon stewer show. Which I am sure is not trying in anyway invoke a laugh out of it.

lets cut some footage so it looks funny.

Pretty sad is you ask me.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
From the jon stewer show. Which I am sure is not trying in anyway invoke a laugh out of it.

lets cut some footage so it looks funny.

Pretty sad is you ask me.

Watch the videos and you'll see. VERY damning of these failed politicians.

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
It makes a huge difference. Just face the music you got your hand caught in the cookie jar on this one.

As for being ashamed? Nah, I get a good pleasure out of making libs like yourself out to be wrong.

Lol whatever. You have your "full" quotes right there in front of you. You can take them in any context and they say the same thing! You can read them forwards and backwards with green eggs and ham if you want.

Cheney said it was pretty well confirmed that Atta had spoken with Iraq. Then he straight up lied and said he didn't. That boy got "caught in the cookie jar" while his other hand was on his dick!

If you want you can go read the WHOLE transcript of BOTH interviews. BOTH of you are in denial.

For anyone reading along, please take a moment to scroll up to the posts we are discussing. Genx and Cheney are NOT weasling out of this while the undisputeable facts are just half a page away.

Stop pwning yourself ROFL.