Diamond X1950XTX at the Egg now at 419.xx....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_Crusader

Feb 12, 2006
Originally posted by: nitromullet
...depends on what you want... I wanted a top end SLI rig, so I opted for the GTX. GX2 and Quad-SLI doesn't seem to be delivering in the performance dept. I considered the 7950GT, but I'm still a bit skeptical of the GT cards, plus I like the cooler on the GTX. For a single card setup, I think I'd opt for the Radeon though. The X19x0 cards are really great performers, and a decent price to boot.

Ulfhednar: why are you even comparing prices for a 7800GTX...? That card is overpriced at every retailer that still carries it. Also, bear in mind that the pricing structure in the US and the UK appear to be quite different.

and you have about the overall best setup available today. SLI 7900GTX is the supreme pick for perf + the NV drivers.
Beats out Quad and the GX2 IMO. I wouldnt really consider Crossfire, but the 1950 is a nice pick as a single card.

tuteja1986

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Hellspawn
Originally posted by: Frackal
I thought the X1950xtx was quieter

Not sure, I know reviews are saying it is loads quieter than the x1900 series, but the GTX has been known to be VERY quiet..

What have been reading :? its very quiet , a person who has seen the GPU in action , much quiter than X1900XTX on stock cooler

Damn Dirty Ape

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 1999
Originally posted by: tuteja1986
Originally posted by: Hellspawn
Originally posted by: Frackal
I thought the X1950xtx was quieter

Not sure, I know reviews are saying it is loads quieter than the x1900 series, but the GTX has been known to be VERY quiet..

What have been reading :? its very quiet , a person who has seen the GPU in action , much quiter than X1900XTX on stock cooler

mIsunderstanding here I think... I was trying to say that the x1900xt has a rep for being a whiner/screamer in most people's books it seems. The x1950xtx is supposed to be much quieter than the x1900 , but the GTX is supposed to be basically inaudible with a closed case.