Diablo II, LOD. How to save more than 100K gold?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Walleye
MichaelD... i'm serious, dont join realms. it's terrible there.

better communities to be had.

trust me.

Actually once the patch comes out it should be a lot better with the ladder. But right now BNET sucks hard. It's sad when everybody and their mom is decked out with ith's, quarks, windforces etc. I have a level 1 mule that can do over 2000 damage with his fist.......that's how fscked up D2 is.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: atom

trust me.

Actually once the patch comes out it should be a lot better with the ladder. But right now BNET sucks hard. It's sad when everybody and their mom is decked out with ith's, quarks, windforces etc. I have a level 1 mule that can do over 2000 damage with his fist.......that's how fscked up D2 is.

even after the patch comes out it will be the same way.

trust me. it's better to establish a lasting relationship with communities in single player than to go online.

most of our members just got fed up with online...

i went to single player right off, because i'm a paranoid freak who doesnt think logically.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001

trust me.

They've recently wiped out a few hundred thousand accounts of cheaters, and will continue to do so.

McMadman

Mar 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Skyclad1uhm1

trust me.

They've recently wiped out a few hundred thousand accounts of cheaters, and will continue to do so.

But as of right now they still haven't gone after the people with the hacked items, but rather trying to go after the people doing various other hacks, they say they will, but I'll believe it when I see it. It can't be THAT hard to detect the bugged/hacked/illegal items and just simply either destroy them, or make them totally useless when equipped.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: McMadman
Originally posted by: Walleye MichaelD... i'm serious, dont join realms. it's terrible there. better communities to be had. trust me.
But as of right now they still haven't gone after the people with the hacked items, but rather trying to go after the people doing various other hacks, they say they will, but I'll believe it when I see it. It can't be THAT hard to detect the bugged/hacked/illegal items and just simply either destroy them, or make them totally useless when equipped.
bliz has done a sh1tty job of maintaining the onlineiness... so i would suggest not going to battlenet. build characters in single player. that way you're not bound by battlenet. you can still game via IP, and it's a much better and nicer place to be.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: McMadman

With some luck they'll do that with the 1.10 patch when it is released in 2006.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
I only play hardcore characters on Battle.net realms. It's such a thrill. I remember sitting staring at the screen for 30 minutes when my first level 89 barb died. I vowed to never play again.. 2 weeks later, I started up another character :)

McMadman

Mar 25, 2000
With some luck they'll do that with the 1.10 patch when it is released in 2006.

As I said, I'll believe it when I see it, however I am still playing on uswest, with friends, thats the only reason I came back is the friends I had made while playing.

Harabecw

Apr 28, 2003
The rabbit hole goes much deeper. Blizzard are not deleting all the hacked items partially because people were stupid enough to pay $$$ for them on ebay.
Patch 1.1 (I refuse to call it 1.10!!) is finished and is going through testing...finally :)
Battlenet is an opportunity to find the GOOD players and stick to them. I never trade so I don't get to see too many asses.