Diablo II/Can't even get the game to load (:

resinboy

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2000
just purchased Diablo II- when I try to load the game,I get this message: <unknown> This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down&quot; When I click on details, I get&quot;exception 0000006H in module<unknown>@000000:bff8194e.
Then, when I close that window, I get this :&quot;operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer&quot;.
I don't always get the 2nd message, usually my system just locks. I have all of the latest drivers or my board, card, etc( had to, to be able to run UT OK). I am bummed. Any suggestions ???

damocles

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Bummer Dude

Try Reinstalling Dirx again, i tried the Direct x 8beta. That worked BUT!!!! it fragged other parts of my system so i really dont recommend it.

Maybe try some generic drivers. With a lot of TNT 2 cards people cant get the game to work with the latest drivers from their card manufacturer, but it will work with Nvdias reference Drivers.

Try the Forums on Blizzard's Site, u might find sme help there among the various other complaints. Dont worry too much about it, until they fix the bnet servers and get a patch or 2 out Diablo 2 isnt that great (in my opinion)

resinboy

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2000
I originally had Direct x 7- I then loaded 7.1(A?)Made no difference. I have been using the Detonator2 drivers, which have been working great with UT- I'd hate to have to reconfigure my damn system for each game I play :)

damocles

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well DirX 8 killed my UT, so i know how ya feel

Basicall i wanna format my whole damn system at the moment

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Makesure you close all your running background programs like anti-virus etc,I had one game that would not run with Mcafee bombshell.