Diablo 3 login woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Well I was getting nonstop error 37 and now i've backslid... or upgraded or something to 3005 player disconnected...

my buddy i bought it for already got on of course, ha...

anyone else getting the 3005? i'm wondering why i went from 37 to that

This has run its course. Feel free to join the discussion in the official thread: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2187503&page=17

Anandtech Moderator
KeithTalent

Last edited by a moderator:

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010
I'm so glad I didnt spend money on this only for Blizzard to deny me the right to play something I "own".

(by own I mean rent as long as Activision Blizzard thinks is suitable)

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
it irritates me massively that you can't play single player offline. that means no diablo 3 on submarines, aircraft carriers or in places with dodgy net like Antarctica (my buddy works down there, I work on a sub)

and then of course it means bullshit like this too. I would be blissfully playing single player tonight without connection issues if I could.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
it irritates me massively that you can't play single player offline. that means no diablo 3 on submarines, aircraft carriers or in places with dodgy net like Antarctica (my buddy works down there, I work on a sub)

Wow. Sucks for you seriously. There should atleast be an option for people like you to get an offline activation or something similar.

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
i was able to get in fine at 3:01 est

just got to act 2 ~ act 1 was pretty long.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I'm so fvcking glad I went to BED instead of waiting til 3am EST.

I mean, why would you stay up for the inevitable crashes, overloads, etc?

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
So glad I decided to get the game via Amazon, should be at my door by the time I get out of work. Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out by tonight.

Of course, I'll probably run into level 99's by then ():)

Feb 16, 2005
So glad I decided to get the game via Amazon, should be at my door by the time I get out of work. Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out by tonight.

LOL.... you win.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
it irritates me massively that you can't play single player offline. that means no diablo 3 on submarines, aircraft carriers or in places with dodgy net like Antarctica (my buddy works down there, I work on a sub.

I'm sure someone will have it cracked to enable offline SP before long.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
After the frustration of Diablo II on launch, I am avoiding D3 until the expansion comes out.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
With as much money as Blizz has,I'm sure they will work out the issues soon enough. ;)

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
I'm so fvcking glad I went to BED instead of waiting til 3am EST.

I mean, why would you stay up for the inevitable crashes, overloads, etc?

I like to think I am clever: I went to bed at 8pm last night and set my alarm for 3:10AM.

Servers were broken when I woke up, but I went ahead and took a shower and ate something and they were working okay by the time I tried again at 3:45

Sentrosi2121

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2004
Release day + Blizzard/Activision/EA = hell

I can't think of a smooth launch for any major title over the past 5 years. Even SWTOR had the queue issues.

But I'm in agreement about the "Always online" protection. Pretty much BS, especially since I heard that there isn't any PVP at launch.

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
haven't played, my copy from newegg should be arriving today. will log in tonight. the one thing I hated in D2 was frequent server problems, and even more frequent server time out during middle of play then you wake up dead.

I hope with new servers, new technologies, new computer architectures, blizzard will be better w/ D3 this time around.

GoStumpy

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2011
Don't worry everybody... I can't believe the amount of complaining that it didn't work right at the stroke of midnight!

I went to bed, woke up this morning at 6am, and logged in & played first try no problem :)

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Wow. Sucks for you seriously. There should atleast be an option for people like you to get an offline activation or something similar.

there should be option for everyone. I hate that games require a internet connection for single player.

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I'm sure someone will have it cracked to enable offline SP before long.

I suspect it's no more crackable to play off line than, for example, wow is.

There is always online DRM (crackable).

Then there is a true client/server app where without the server you have nothing. D3 is, I am sure, client/server. You would have to write a server emulator, and at the end of the day, it would never be the same as the real game (much like emulated wow servers).

Seven

Jan 26, 2000

Login issue is irrelevant regardless of a copy.

Dec 26, 2007
haven't played, my copy from newegg should be arriving today. will log in tonight. the one thing I hated in D2 was frequent server problems, and even more frequent server time out during middle of play then you wake up dead.

I hope with new servers, new technologies, new computer architectures, blizzard will be better w/ D3 this time around.

I'm pissed at Newegg. I preordered months ago and won't get my copy until tomorrow. So now I have to go get it omw home, then return the copy from newegg to the store (unopened and sealed still of course) just so I can play tonight.

#firstworldproblems

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
Wow... amazing my internet went out at 2:30am last night! Holy shitnuts. Some jackoff from the phone company was out front in a truck wanking on my internets. After despairing all night I woke up today to find my internet still out. After much panic my internet now works and the game is slowly installing. boo

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
I'm pissed at Newegg. I preordered months ago and won't get my copy until tomorrow. So now I have to go get it omw home, then return the copy from newegg to the store (unopened and sealed still of course) just so I can play tonight.

#firstworldproblems

I never understand why people pre-order. I did it once and Best Buy screwed me over. Just drive to the store and grab a copy.

GoStumpy

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2011
he hopes that the issues will be resolved by the time he gets to play it...

They have already... The only real login problems experienced by everybody were within the first 2-3 hours of release... It's been over 8 hours now, smooth sailing guys :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.